Help to provide financial and economic services to local businesses in New Zealand, learning practical skills under the guidance of an experienced supervisor. Internships are customized to suit you, and can include assisting with accounting, preparing financial statements, investment analysis, risk management and tax requirements.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation included.
This is a finance internship that is designed to suit you. There is a broad portfolio of placements available on this Finance and Economics internship in New Zealand, offering scope for you to be ideally matched to a unique opportunity that suits your interests, motivations and skills. Placement opportunities include internships in tourism, marine, environmental, non-profit, and professional services sectors. If there is a particular sector that you want to gain experience within, please let us know your top preferences when applying.
A Finance and Economics internship in New Zealand is perfect for anyone wanting to gain real world industry experience. You’ll be assisting local businesses with their financial functions, learning how to carry out a range of tasks, gaining international experience, and setting yourself up for an exceptional career in finance and economics.
The exact nature of your internship role will depend on your placement. Typical internship roles may include activities related to:
- Financial accounting and analysis
- Financial statement preparation and analysis
- Investment analysis, valuation and recommendations
- Preparation of business plans including revenue statements
- Business valuation
- Market risk analysis
- International finance
- Human Resources
- Tax accounting
- Debit/credit processing
- Business administration
Interns seeking experience with a specific aspect of finance and economics operations should include details in your application. Your study field and level of experience will be taken into consideration, while also ensuring that placements are allocated with your goals in mind. All requests are subject to availability so we encourage interns to state more than one preference where possible.
In your spare time, you’ll be able to explore the cosmopolitan, vibrant city of Auckland. New Zealand is a relatively small country but there is a lot to explore! Fantastic attractions and diverse natural landscapes, such as mountains, glaciers, lakes, beaches and stunning native bush, are all within a short flight from your local airport. If you love a good road trip, there’s no better place than New Zealand, as you’ll never be far from an adventure. Your weekends will be packed with things to see and do, like never before!
This internship is conducted in English.
Finance and Economics interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Financial accounting and preparing financial statements
- Analyzing internal and external financial statements and investments
- Conducting valuations
- Risk assessment and management
- Preparing business plans and revenue statements
- Assisting with HR activities
- Preparing tax schedules, monthly reporting and reconciliations
- Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn how to prepare a range of financial statements
- Gain analytical experience in business, risk, finance and investments
- Learn how to process payments and debit/credit account management
- Understand how to prepare tax schedules
- Gain experience reconciling accounts
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm
- Gain relevant finance and economics experience in a field of your interest
- Complete genuine financial tasks that fulfil the obligations of businesses and illustrate their performance
- Enjoy the world famous tourist adventures on offer in New Zealand
Types of host organizations:
- Private companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Auckland do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently. Kitchen facilities are provided in all accommodation for independent meal preparation. A NZ$700 accommodation security deposit must be paid in-country but this is fully refundable, subject to inspection of the accommodation upon departure and confirmation that there have been no damages.