Food Science and Technology interns assist with manufacturing and process management, gaining unique insight into companies producing products such as chocolate, wine, dairy products and superfoods. Interns can also help to reduce food waste, improve sustainability, and collaborate toward improved business planning and strategy.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation provided.
The food science industry is at the forefront of developing innovative solutions to continue providing healthy food to people all around the world, taking into account today’s changing environmental, sustainability and dietary requirements. As a Food Science and Technology intern in Bali, you’ll experience how food suppliers keep up with both quality and quantity requirements all over the world.
Internship placements are available in a range of food manufacturers, producers and retailers. Internships are highly customizable for each individual, and can include:
- Analyzing and improving supply chains
- Assisting food processing operations
- Food safety research and development
- Designing and implementing strategies to reduce waste and improve sustainability
- Developing solutions for improving production methods
- Food packaging, branding and marketing
Interns are also able to gain experience helping food producers to satisfy quality control, regulatory, health and ethical requirements. For those interested in healthy food providers, placements are available in permaculture organizations or producers of gelato, jam, chocolate or granola.
We encourage interns to submit a comprehensive application and state any placement/activity preferences when applying, as internship placements are allocated based on what best suits your skills and interests. The specific details of your placement will be provided when you’ve confirmed your participation.
This internship is conducted in English.
Food Science and Technology interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Quality control
- Developing new food products
- Helping to improve the shelf life or nutritional value of different foods
- Developing sustainable packaging
- Developing and implementing marketing or branding strategies
- Assisting farms with sustainable production techniques
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience with supply chain management
- Get contemporary understanding of food production and supply issues
- Work at the forefront of providing healthy food in Indonesia
- Learn about sustainable food and packaging
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
- Contribute to providing healthy, sustainable and ethical food across Bali and internationally
- Work in areas of food science and technology that appeal most to you
- Experience the stunning island of Bali in your free time
Types of host organizations:
- Food manufacturers
- Producers such as farms and growers
- Food retailers
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Bali do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently.