To earn academic credit through an Intern Abroad HQ program, you can choose from the following options:
1. Complete internship hours and additional coursework during your Intern Abroad HQ program to earn US credits through Intern Abroad HQ’s School of Record partnerships
Intern Abroad HQ’s School of Record partnerships with the University of Montana and Warren Wilson College in the United States allows us to provide US academic credit to interns who have completed an Intern Abroad HQ program. This is available across all of our internship abroad programs by enrolling in Intern Abroad HQ’s General Internship course that you complete during your internship program.
How it works:
- To enroll, select the relevant ‘Academic Credit’ add-on in your MyIAHQ portal after registering for your chosen program. The options are: Earn 1-5 US Credits, Earn 6-10 US Credits, or Earn 11-16 US Credits.
- For each credit, students must complete 40-45 internship hours (generally about 1 week of interning) and one personal reflection, in addition to one final assignment.
- After you have completed your internship program, you will receive an unofficial transcript from one of our Schools of Record: the University of Montana (for 1-5 credits) or Warren Wilson College (for 6-16 credits). The transcript will include a course code, number of credits earned, and a letter grade (A to F), which is based on your submitted assignments.
- Official transcripts can be requested for easy credit transfer back to your home institution, including outside the US if your institution accepts US transcripts.
Intern Abroad HQ offers variable credits to accommodate diverse durations of interning. The average number of internship hours per week varies by program, but generally 40-45 internship hours equates to 1 week of interning.
Contact us today to discuss how you can receive academic credit for your internship or volunteer trip!
University of Montana credit is awarded as follows:
|1 credit:||45 internship hours + coursework|
|2 credits:||90 internship hours + coursework|
|3 credits:||135 internship hours + coursework|
|4 credits:||180 internship hours + coursework|
|5 credits:||225 internship hours + coursework|
Warren Wilson College credit is awarded as follows:
|6 credits:||240 internship hours + coursework|
|7 credits:||280 internship hours + coursework|
|8 credits:||320 internship hours + coursework|
|9 credits:||360 internship hours + coursework|
|10 credits:||400 internship hours + coursework|
|11-16 credits:||10 credit requirement + 40 internship hours + coursework per additional credit|
|1-5 US credits:||$599 USD|
|6-10 US credits:||$1,199 USD|
|11-16 US credits:||$1,699 USD|
2. Apply for credit via your home academic institution
The Intern Abroad HQ team has years of experience in supporting our interns to successfully apply for academic credits from students’ own universities, and we already have arrangements in place with a wide range of institutions around the world.
Each academic institution has their own unique policy for granting internship credit and as an intern you are responsible for discussing course credit options with your university or college in advance. Requirements often include one of more of the following:
- Completing a certain number of internship hours
- Having an internship supervisor sign off your participation
- Completing Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum during your internship to develop material to submit to your university academic advisor
Once you have connected with your academic advisor or international education office, let us know what requirements your internship needs to fulfill. You’re welcome to outline your needs when you submit your application or contact us for a general chat. We’ll review your academic requirements, we can connect with your advisor, and support with any paperwork you might need to complete.APPLY FOR MY INTERNSHIP FOR FREE
3. Complete an international volunteer program with our sister organization, IVHQ
If you would like to make a difference in local communities and the environment while traveling abroad, then consider an volunteer program with our sister organization, IVHQ. All volunteer programs through IVHQ offer course credits through Intern Abroad HQ’s School of Record partnerships with the University of Montana and Warren Wilson College.
In addition, the IVHQ team has years of experience in supporting students to successfully apply for academic credits through their home university and already have arrangements in place with a wide range of institutions around the world to support your academic and career goals.LEARN MORE ABOUT VOLUNTEERING
What faculty and interns have to say:
”I knew that I had to do an internship in order for me to graduate on time. I applied to more than 30 companies for internships and then began to receive rejection emails. I was so worried because I really wanted to graduate on time, so I started doing research and found Intern Abroad HQ. I made the decision to use them and that was the best decision I ever made - my internship experience with Intern Abroad HQ was great!”
”My primary focus during the semester abroad internship program was to improve my Spanish. I’m working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Spanish so this program was perfect for me. The program allowed me to live abroad and gain cultural experience as well as improve my Spanish speaking abilities.”
”I had the time of my life and I will never forget my internship in Bali. I met amazing people and had a great time while doing a compulsory internship for my university! What I really liked about Intern Abroad HQ is that they helped us with everything from the visa to insurance and accommodation.”
Academic and Course Credit Enquiry Form
Fill out the quick form below to find out how you can receive academic credit for your internship, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.