To provide our interns with the most affordable flights, we’ve partnered with one of the world’s leading travel booking sites to offer discounted flight to all of our overseas destinations.
Benefits to booking your flights through Intern Abroad HQ:
- Discounted prices for Intern Abroad HQ interns
- Find the best flight deals from over 90 global airlines with one search
- Your airport pickup is included in your Program Fee
- 24/7 support line with agents ready to help if your travel plans don’t go to schedule
Why search for flights through Intern Abroad HQ?
Our partnership with StudentUniverse gives you access to discounted flight fares.
Group Travel Deals
Book flight deals for groups through one account manager at StudentUniverse.
Feeling safe and comfortable in your booking is key to an enjoyable journey.
24/7 Support line
Because luck isn’t enough, StudentUniverse has a 24/7 support line with agents ready to help if your travel plans don’t go to schedule.
Planning made easy
We do the research so you don’t have to! Simply use Intern Abroad HQ’s reliable booking portal on StudentUniverse for instant access to affordable fares.
Airport pickup included
Your Program Fee includes your transfer from the airport to your accommodation.
Get an instant free quote
Already registered for your Internship program?
Log in to your MyIAHQ account and double check your arrival instructions before booking your flights.Log in to my account
Important information - read before booking your flights
Here are a few things to keep in mind when booking your flight to participate in a program with Intern Abroad HQ:
- We strongly recommend waiting until your registration has been fully confirmed by Intern Abroad HQ before booking flights.
- Your arrival instructions are provided within your Internship Manual. Click here to log into your MyIAHQ account.
- For most Intern Abroad HQ programs, you should arrive no later than the day before your internship start date. However, some programs differ. Please check the specific arrival instructions for your program in your Intern Abroad HQ Internship Manual.
- Should you wish to arrive earlier or depart later, you may be able to arrange extra nights of accommodation. Please check with your Intern Abroad HQ Program Manager for guidance.
- Double check your departure and arrival dates, times, and cities. This is particularly important when crossing time zones and when booking overnight flights.
- You should plan to arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to your international departure. Be sure to factor this time into your itinerary planning.
- When you arrive at your destination, you will be greeted at the airport by a representative of the local Intern Abroad HQ team and transported to your accommodation. Your transfer from the airport and accommodation during your internship is covered by your Intern Abroad HQ Program Fee.
- If you plan to arrive at your destination prior to your internship, please let us know. Your Program Manager will advise you on instructions to join the program, in time for the orientation.
- Give yourself plenty of layover time between flight segments: at least one hour for domestic and 2 hours for international flights. Flight delays happen. Plan as if you will be delayed to minimize the risk of missing your connecting flight.
- Review all the terms and conditions that apply to your ticket prior to purchase, particularly around refundability.
- If you use the StudentUniverse quote widget above, your flights can be booked through StudentUniverse. They will help you with all flight-related enquiries and ensure you can benefit from the best flight prices that are available for our interns.
If you would rather book with a person, feel free to submit your request here. For general enquiries or assistance using this booking tool, please contact IVHQ@studentuniverse.com or +1- 617-321-3164.
For emergency assistance while traveling, please contact the StudentUniverse Customer Care Center support number: +1-800-272-9676 within the US, +0808-234-4107 within the UK and +1-617-321-3100 from everywhere else.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all Intern Abroad HQ interns travelling abroad- click here to read why.
The vast majority of interns take out travel insurance specifically for their Intern Abroad HQ program. World Nomads offers specialist travel insurance for travellers who hail from more than 150 countries around the world. Click here to request a travel insurance quote for your trip from World Nomads.