Diverse Environmental Science internship placements may be related to campaign work against environmental degradation, contributions to long-term research programs, laboratory analysis work, and more. Internship duties and specific placement assignments within this field are determined according to each interns areas of interest and study, as the scope of opportunity is broad.
General tasks within the field of Environmental Science internships that can be expected can include, but may not be limited to:
- Contribution to data collection, analysis and reporting
- Collaboration to assist and create projects
- Engagement with local communities to address environmental issues and share knowledge
Specific requests within this field can be communicated in advance to check availability, as a variety of options are possible. However, all specific requests are subject to availability.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Auckland do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently. Kitchen facilities are provided in all accommodation for independent meal preparation. A NZ$700 accommodation security deposit must be paid in-country but this is fully refundable, subject to inspection of the accommodation upon departure and confirmation that there have been no damages.
- To convert these prices to your local currency visit the XE currency converter.
- All Intern Abroad programs attract a Registration Fee of US$299 in addition to the Program Fee.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges. International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of US$75.
- * Terms and Conditions do apply
What extra costs will I have?
- Visa, flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check.
- Transfer back to the airport at conclusion of the program (approx. US$15 - US$50 via bus or taxi)
- Souvenirs + tourism/leisure activities during free time.
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as meals and public transportation. Interns generally find US$130 per week to be sufficient.