Real Estate Internships in Cape Town are amazing opportunities to gain first hand experience in the property industry. Interns focus on investment property, property management, brokerage and private equity, working alongside experienced professionals to understand the fast-paced day-to-day business!
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation provided.
The real estate and property management industries are like worlds of their own. For those looking to start careers in the industry, having experience in how things work can make a huge difference. That’s exactly what you’ll get on this Real Estate and Property Management internship in South Africa.
Within this exciting internship field, interns in South Africa have the opportunity to interact with various levels of management within real estate and property management business. You’ll be mentored by a real estate agent or property manager and gain experience through working with leads, handling phone-work, and enhancing familiarity with real estate documents and processes.
Daily tasks vary, depending on your specific placement, but may generally involve conducting market research for potential business opportunities, analyzing financial reports, data entry using Microsoft Excel, and helping to prepare documents for lenders, investors and internal parties.
This is a perfect internship for anyone wanting to experience life in real estate or property management. Interns are encouraged to ask as many questions as you can and to always ask for guidance on more things to help out with, when any other tasks have been completed. This approach will help you to become more integrated within your placement. An open mind and commitment to learning is essential.
Interns wanting to focus specifically on real estate, or property management, should include details in your application. Requests are accommodated wherever possible, though are subject to availability.
During your weekends in Cape Town, you can visit the District Six Museum, Robben Island, and the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa. These excellent sites can provide more understanding of South Africa’s history, to deepen the immersive and educational experience of your internship. There are also beautiful scenic attractions that you won’t want to miss - whether hiking Table Mountain, Signal Hill or Lion’s Head for panoramic views of the city, relaxing on the beaches, or meandering along the Garden Route to visit wineries, you’ll find that there is never a dull moment. If you don’t want to visit Africa without planning a safari, let us know! Our team in Cape Town will help you arrange an ethical, responsible and unforgettable tour.
This internship is conducted in English.
Real Estate and Property Management interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Researching property markets for business opportunities
- Analyzing financial reports of properties
- Data entry
- Preparing legal documents
- Accompanying your supervisor to site visits and client meetings
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain a real world insight into the real estate and property management industries
- Develop your understanding of legal documents
- Build understanding and communication skills dealing with lenders, investors, clients, real estate agents and property managers
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Gain a first hand insight into the day-to-day work in real estate and/or property management
- Learn how to complete industry-standard tasks to boost your career skills
- Enjoy spare time exploring the unique and eclectic city of Cape Town, and wider South Africa
Types of host organizations:
- Real estate agencies
- Property management companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|