Our Intern Abroad HQ team wants to make it easy to organize your internship program and travel experience. We’ve curated a list of trusted, affordable providers that you may access below for excellent service.
Discounted Flights with Skyscanner
If you’re planning to intern abroad and already have a destination in mind, or have at least narrowed down your top picks, understanding the cost of your flights will help you finalize your budget and make a decision about your internship.
To provide our interns with the most affordable flights, we’ve partnered with Skyscanner, the world-leading flight search tool, to offer discounted flights to Intern Abroad HQ interns traveling to any of our destinations.
Over 100 million people visit Skyscanner every month to book flights and once you’ve found the best flight, you book directly with the provider. We don’t add any extra fees!
When to book your flights
It is important you are registered (have paid your internship deposit) before paying for your flights, so you have your dates and location confirmed.
All interns participating on Intern Abroad HQ overseas internship programs are required to purchase comprehensive travel insurance cover.
Interning can include a range of activities that standard travel insurance or medical insurance policies might not cover. That’s why Intern Abroad HQ offers its own travel insurance cover for our interns that has been customized specifically for the types of claims you may need to make while traveling abroad with us.
Global Travel Academy
To up-skill before your internship program (and add extra “oomph” to your resume!) check out the Global Travel Academy. Intern Abroad HQ recommends their affordable online courses, which are all expertly designed to help you travel abroad safely and responsibly. The Certificate in Travel Health & Safety covers topics that are crucial to your pre-departure preparation and health/safety at your destination. For example, you can expect to receive best practice guidance on:
- Travel and medical preparations
- Traveling and transit
- Staying healthy abroad and mental health
- What to do in an emergency
If you’re focused on developing your skill-set as an educator, or simply interested in diversifying your talents, we recommend an interactive Online TEFL Certification Course. Whether you utilize the certification to teach English in your own country or to others abroad, the training offers tools and techniques over a 100-hour program. Ensuring that you’re prepared and confident to teach, mentor, or provide classroom assistance will not only benefit you, but will also positively impact on the learning environment of your students. Upon completion, you’ll have earned experience in planning, designing, and adapting diverse language activities and materials.
What you need to know:
- Intern Abroad HQ has secured a discounted rate for individuals of US$399.
- No previous teaching experience or training is required.
- You can start at any time and work through the online course at your own pace.
- You don’t have to be registered for an internship program to do the course.
- You don’t have to be a native English speaker, but your fluency of the English language must be at a native-speaker level.
- There is no practical teaching component – the course is focused on developing skills that will help you adapt to different teaching and learning environments.
- You can sign up for the Online TEFL Certification Course anytime and you’ll only pay the discounted Intern Abroad HQ rate.