These Terms and Conditions for Groups with Intern Abroad HQ (IAHQ) apply to all groups of eight or more interns that require support from IAHQ’s Group Support team. These Terms and Conditions for Groups are in addition to IAHQ’s Terms and Conditions of Service, which all participants in the group must accept upon registering for an IAHQ program.
- All prices referenced are in US dollars.
- All timing referred to in these terms and conditions is based on New Zealand standard time.
- ‘IAHQ’ refers to Intern Abroad HQ.
- ‘Intern’ or ‘Participant’ refers to the customer of IAHQ who wishes to participate in an internship program.
- ‘Independent Local Team’ or ‘Local Partner’ refers to IAHQ’s local coordinator that facilitates the internship program and internship placements in the chosen country.
- The ‘IAHQ website’ refers to www.internhq.com.
- ‘Deposit’ refers to the payment made in advance of each group member’s registration for their program.
- ‘Group’ refers to eight or more interns, who apply to participate in an internship program together as a group instead of applying individually.
Groups of eight or more interns requiring support from IAHQ’s Group Support team for the organization of their trip are required to pay a Deposit.
Payment of this Deposit enables IAHQ to hold places for the group’s members on their program and provide additional support prior to each group member’s formal registration onto the program.
This Deposit payment is due no less than ninety (90) days before the group’s start date, but is encouraged as early as possible to secure places on the group’s program.
IAHQ reserves the right to revise the terms of the Deposit, including the fee payable, at any time. Revisions are not applicable to groups that have already submitted their Deposit payment before the revisions take effect.
All payments attract a non-refundable 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees. International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75.
Before the Deposit has been received:
- Create custom itineraries and proposals to meet a group’s goals and budget.
- Confirm the current availability for the group’s preferred location, internship program, start date, and number of participants.
- Answer general questions about accommodation, meals, and other logistics.
- Facilitate an agreement / contract process between a university or organization.
IAHQ will not:
- Share specific details about the local partner, their internship placements and supervisors, accommodation options, or contact details.
- Engage with the local partner regarding group requests or customizations.
- Hold or reserve places for the group’s participants on the program.
After the Deposit has been received:
- Place a hold on places for the group’s participants on their program for the chosen start date and duration. Note that places remain subject to availability and are not guaranteed until each participant has completed their registration onto the program.
- Share specific details about the local partner that will host the group and the internship placements that they support. Internship placement details will be shared as early as possible, but due to - continually changing local needs, this information might not be available until shortly before departure or even after arrival.
- Support the registration process for each group participant, provide a country-specific guide, and facilitate a preparation checklist to assist with pre-departure preparation.
- Provide host confirmation letters or other documentation required for visa applications, university approval, and/or employer sponsorship. Please note that IAHQ cannot provide visa advice or guarantee entry for any participant to a specific location. It is each participant’s sole responsibility to research, pay for, and obtain the appropriate documentation and/or visa required to enter their destination country. Internships are unpaid and intended to be temporary, voluntary positions only.
- Organize and finalize all logistics for the group, including accommodation, in-country transportation, and tours. IAHQ is not responsible for booking flights to/from the destination.
After the Deposit is paid, each group participant is required to complete their own registration onto their chosen IAHQ program no less than ninety (90) days before the group’s start date.
The Deposit Fee for each group participant is $499 USD.
As part of the registration process, each group participant will be required to agree to be bound by IAHQ’s Terms and Conditions of Service.
Participation in an IAHQ internship program requires full payment of the relevant Program Fee to cover the costs of hosting the group’s participants in-country. IAHQ reserves the right to revise Program Fees at any time. Program Fee revisions will not apply to groups that have paid their Deposit, unless the group makes a change to their program details after the Program Fee revisions have taken effect. The specific terms applicable to Program Fees are set out in the Terms and Conditions of Service page of the IAHQ website.
Any additional in-country activities or upgrades booked and paid for through IAHQ, such as extra or different accommodation, language lessons, private transportation, travel insurance, excursions, experiences, and tours are deemed “Add-ons”. Once payment has been made, Add-ons are non-refundable but may be held as a credit on a case by case basis depending on the cancellation terms of the local Add-on provider.
Program Fees, and fees for any Add-ons booked for each participant, must be paid:
- For internships abroad excluding Australia: Not less than sixty (60) calendar days prior to the internship start date
- For internships in Australia: Not less than ninety (90) calendar days prior to the internship start date
Payment as a Group
Groups may choose to submit payments for their Deposit, Program Fees, and fees for any Add-ons as a single invoice/payment for the whole group.
If paying as a group:
- The first invoice will include the group Deposit amount required for the program; this is due no later than ninety (90) days before the program start date.
Once the number of group participants has been finalized, a final invoice will be issued to cover the total Registration Fees, Program Fees, and Add-on Fees for all participants, less the Deposit already paid. This is due:
- For internships abroad excluding Australia: Not less than sixty (60) calendar days prior to the internship start date.
- For internships in Australia: Not less than ninety (90) calendar days prior to the internship start date.
- Failure to submit the final payment on time may result in the group program being canceled. In this situation, the group would be held to the cancelation policies detailed below.
Changes in Group Size
IAHQ’s ability to accommodate additional participants above the selected size bracket is subject to availability. If a group size decreases in size, any Deposit funds paid in excess of the new group size are non-refundable but may be applied toward the Program Fees or Add-on costs for group participants. If Deposit funds exceed all Program Fees and other Add-on costs, at IAHQ’s discretion, the remaining balance may be held as credit in the group or organization’s name for 18 months from the group’s earliest program start date.
Program Changes & Cancellations
After the Deposit has been received, and before the program start date, a group may change their program destination, project, duration, and/or start date subject to IAHQ’s Terms and Conditions of Service.
If a group or individual group participant wishes to cancel their registration after the Deposit has been paid, or if the group program is canceled due to non-payment of the Program Fees by the required deadline, a refund or credit may be requested subject to IAHQ’s Terms and Conditions of Service.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions by Group Administrator
Participants traveling as part of a group may be offered the option to have their registration managed centrally by a nominated Group Administrator. In this situation, each participant agrees that the Group Administrator may accept IAHQ’s Terms and Conditions of Service and IAHQ’s Terms & Conditions for Groups on their behalf. In this scenario, each participant also gives their permission for the Group Administrator to submit their personal information and documentation to IAHQ on their behalf as part of their application to volunteer. IAHQ accepts no liability for errors or omission of information provided to IAHQ by the Group Administrator.