Fashion and Textiles internships in Bali are perfect for creative, business-minded interns who have a zeal for the latest trends. Internship placements in design, marketing, brand, or sales roles provide a variety of options for interns looking for genuine experience in the fashion industry.
The fashion industry is fast paced, and demands imagination and dedication. As a Fashion and Textiles intern in Bali, you can help local or international fashion houses, labels and brands in customized roles that help to establish your place in fashion.
Interns can be placed within the design teams of European or Asian fashion houses, helping to design products such as swimwear, active wear, belts, bags or shoes. You’ll be guided by local designers who are known for their elegant and colorful designs, but you’ll be encouraged to use your creativity and skills for the development of unique and appealing designs.
You can also lend your design skills to guide the direction of your fashion internship placement and your host organization’s brand. Interns can help to identify trends and express them through brand mood boards and design concepts, including color palettes and themes. This may also include making sketches and drawings, developing concepts into a final product, and contributing toward long-term business and marketing strategies. Interns may also provide illustration techniques and technical drawings, and assist local designers with pattern cutting, draping techniques, tailoring and sewing.
This is a multi-disciplinary internship, and interns should be prepared to assist in marketing roles, as well as design. You can help to build marketing strategies, develop supplier relationships, analyze brand plans, work with influencers, and seek new channels that are appropriate for your placement brand and its image.
Due to the broad scope of this fashion internship, a customized approach is taken toward matching you to the best placement opportunity for you. Interns interested in Fashion and Textiles design should be prepared to provide a design portfolio, containing samples of previous work, to facilitate the design internship matching process.
This internship is conducted in English.
Fashion and Textiles interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Providing illustration techniques and technical drawings
- Assisting fashion designers with pattern cutting and draping techniques
- Tailoring & sewing
- Graphic design
- Use of digital technology in fashion
- Fashion marketing, branding and sales
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain an understanding of fashion trends
- Learn about European and Asian fashion designs
- Experience consumer lifestyle fashions
- Design and produce garments and fashion items
- Assist designers with branding and marketing
- Gain experience in sales and fashion representation
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- A typical working day in Fashion starts at 9am and ends at 6pm. Interns may be required to assist on sporadic network events or fashion shows that give you the great opportunity to join and broaden your horizon and get to know the international fashion community.
- Design and make fashion items for local fashion houses
- Gain industry experience representing real brands and designers
- Experience the stunning island of Bali in your free time
Types of host organizations:
- Fashion branding agencies
- Fashion houses
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Bali do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently.