These are ideal internships for design students in a range of sectors. Diverse design internships include placements working in fashion, 3D modeling, printing and graphic design alongside experienced local professionals in Prague. Gain specific knowledge within your field and build your design portfolio to set yourself up for a rewarding career!
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation provided. If you are looking for a remote internship you can undertake from home, check out Marketing & E-Commerce for Sustainable Fashion or Business Development for Sustainable Fashion, which are hosted virtually out of Prague.
As an aspiring designer in any field, your ability to secure an exciting job will depend on your demonstrated experience and creativity, and your design portfolio. This design internship can give you that hands-on experience and boost your resume to kick start an amazing career!
Design internships in Prague are made to suit you. Internships are available in a wide range of design fields, including (but not limited to) fashion, 3D modeling, printing and graphic design. Regardless of your specific placement, you’ll gain hands-on design skills contributing to real life projects and learning from experienced local professionals.
Internships are available in a wide range of design studios, fashion houses, clothing brands and other private companies. Design interns interested in a specialist field can request placements to suit your skills and interests in your application. Interns will be asked to submit a design portfolio, showcasing your specific areas of experience and skills. This will help to customize your internship so it’s perfect for you, though specific placements are always subject to availability.
Interns looking to complete a fashion design internship must be capable of sewing, in addition to designing concepts. Fashion design interns should also ensure that your portfolio/resume includes examples of the type of materials you’re capable of working with.
Prague is a hugely popular city for travelers, with an iconic city center that is home to stunning architecture and a thriving social scene. Interns have plenty of spare time to enjoy the city’s attractions and natural beauty.
This internship is conducted in English.
Design interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Contributing to ongoing design projects
- Researching modern designs in a range of fields
- Developing original design concepts to match specific briefs
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn about design techniques specific to your field of interest
- Develop your knowledge and skills working alongside experienced designers in Prague
- Build your experience interpreting briefs and innovating designs
- Build your communication skills in a professional environment
- Expand your network of professional designers
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Gain hands-on design experience in a field of interest to you
- Build your own portfolio of designs for real world projects
- Experience the tourist attractions and lifestyle in the popular city of Prague
Types of host organizations:
- Design studios
- Fashion labels
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
Program Fee (USD)
|4 weeks||$1,759Equivalent to $62/day|
|5 weeks||$1,864Equivalent to $53/day|
|6 weeks||$1,969Equivalent to $46/day|
|7 weeks||$2,074Equivalent to $42/day|
|8 weeks||$2,179Equivalent to $38/day|
|9 weeks||$2,284Equivalent to $36/day|
|10 weeks||$2,389Equivalent to $34/day|
|11 weeks||$2,494Equivalent to $32/day|
|12 weeks||$2,599Equivalent to $30/day|
- 24/7 in-country support
- Airport pick-up
- Program orientation
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- In-country guidance for social and tourist activities
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Coaching from your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- Visa (if required), flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check
- Transfer back to the airport at the end of your internship program
- Optional extras, such as language lessons
- Souvenirs and leisure activities during your free time
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as drinks, snacks, laundry, public transportation, and any meals not included in your Program Fee
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- It is important to note that internships in Prague do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently.
- Balance of your Program Fee is due 60 days before your internship start date.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- Terms and Conditions apply.