This is one of the most comprehensive dental internships available. Interns shadow and assist professional dentists to gain valuable experience from rotations in local hospitals and clinics in Athens. Suitable for both pre-med and advanced dental students who are seeking surgical and non-surgical observational experience.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation provided.
As a Dental intern in Greece, you’ll shadow dentistry rotations and appointments within hospitals and day clinics in Athens. These facilities are privately run and utilize modern healthcare practices and state-of-the-art technology.
Interns shadow experienced dentists in their daily duties, learning about practical dentistry techniques and treatments, and gaining insight into how dentists work professionally with genuine patients. Interns should not expect to work “hands on” with patients, as the dentistry internships are educational in nature. Your supervisor will always take your current level of experience and abilities into consideration, along with your areas of interest within the dental field, when engaging with you to support and customize your internship experience.
Your internship rotation includes dental specialties such as dental public health, oral and maxillofacial surgery, periodontics, pediatrics, prosthodontics, orthodontics, endodontics and radiology. You are able to request placements that focus on a specific area of expertise, however these requests are always subject to availability.
All mentors and supervisors will speak English, as many studied abroad themselves. However, interactions or consultations with patients may not be conducted in English. Should a language barrier arise during an observational occasion, your supervisor will be able to provide you with a debrief afterwards, concerning the relevant information.
Dental interns in Greece will have weekends free to enjoy sightseeing around Athens and further afield. Greece offers a laid back Mediterrenean lifestyle, with hundreds of stunning beaches and world-class tourist attractions such as the Acropolis to explore in your spare time.
Dental interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Shadowing and assisting local dentists and dentistry specialists in Athens
- Observing dental care in a range of medical departments, including surgeries
Professional development opportunities:
- Observe dental operations from an experienced local dentist
- Experience how a modern dental department works
- Gain experience in a range of dental specialties
- Learning about contemporary dental care and techniques
- Gain experience with state-of-the-art dental technology
- Learn how the dentistry system works in Greece
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
- Learn about modern dental care and oral health issues
- Experience a wide range of different specialties within dentistry
- Gain sought-after dental skills and experience from experienced local professionals
- Experience the popular attractions and lifestyle in Athens and wider Greece
Types of host organizations:
- Hospital dental departments
- Dental clinics
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
It is important to note that internships in Athens do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently. Kitchen facilities are provided in all accommodation for independent meal preparation. Internships in Greece are provided through an organization which is accredited to run projects under Erasmus+. European students are encouraged to speak with their local Erasmus office regarding funding and grant opportunities for their internship.