Customized Graphic Design internships in New Zealand, with diverse opportunities available in web, product and graphic design. Learn hands-on skills on internships designed to suit you, using modern technologies and building your skills as a creative designer with innovative companies in New Zealand.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation included. Click here to view the remote version of this internship you can undertake from home.
For those looking at starting careers in the design industry, a broad portfolio of work can make a huge difference to your ability to get a good job. On these Graphic Design internships in New Zealand, you’ll contribute to a range of real life design projects, developing practical skills to kick start your career.
Graphic Design interns can be placed in a wide range of for-profit and non-profit businesses in a range of different sectors. Your exact role as an intern is customized to suit you, meaning your skills and interests will help to design your internship so that helps you to satisfy your specific internship goals.
Internship placements are available in specific fields within design, such as graphic design, web design, product design and more. The tasks you complete can include, but may not be limited to:
- Contributing to design projects
- Producing new graphic and design materials
- Preparing content such as newsletters and emails
- Developing and updating design files
- Managing social media accounts
- Assisting with general administration and client support
Graphic Design interns looking to build experience in a specific field should include details in your application. These requests are accommodated wherever possible, though are subject to availability.
In your spare time, you’ll be able to explore the cosmopolitan, vibrant city of Auckland. New Zealand is renowned for adventure tourism and incredible environmental diversity - where else could you go surfing and skiing in one day? Interns with a passion for the environment shouldn’t come to New Zealand without planning to explore the amazing natural landscapes - from glaciers and mountains, to stunning lakes, beaches, native bush and incredible geothermal attractions. From Auckland city, many regions are just a short flight away. Your weekends will be packed with adventure and discovery like never before!
This internship is conducted in English.
Graphic Design interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Producing original graphic, web and product designs
- Contributing designs for social media, newsletter and email content
- Managing social media accounts
Professional development opportunities:
- Develop skills using a range of design tools and software
- Build your creativity producing designs to meet specific briefs
- Gain experience utilizing content management tools on social media platforms
- Build communication skills in a professional environment
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Develop your hands-on design skills in a range of different projects
- Produce original designs to build out a rounded and professional portfolio
- Enjoy the world famous tourist adventures on offer in New Zealand
Types of host organizations:
- Private companies
- Non-profit organizations
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Auckland do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently. Kitchen facilities are provided in all accommodation for independent meal preparation. A NZ$700 accommodation security deposit must be paid in-country but this is fully refundable, subject to inspection of the accommodation upon departure and confirmation that there have been no damages.