Graphic and Web Design internships enable creative interns to grow their portfolio of real-world design work and experience. Internships are customized specifically to you, and involve website design, marketing, content creation and graphic design in a wide range of industries.
This is an in-country internship conducted in English, with accommodation and meals included.
Graphic and Web Design interns are matched to engaging placements, where experienced supervisors are prepared to provide guidance, as well as meaningful tasks and objectives. Internships are allocated based on your own skills and interests, and can focus on app development, cloud platforms, web development, e-commerce, and more. Examples of Graphic and Web Design internship placements include:
- A startup developing software for human resources management. Design internships relate to marketing, front-end and back-end development.
- A design studio which focuses on logos and brand consultancy. Design internships relate to marketing, design, web development and content writing.
- A robotics startup specializing in underwater drones, which provides design internships related to marketing, graphic design and community management.
- A business dedicated to the manufacture, sale and distribution of healthcare products, which provides design internships related to marketing, graphic design and web design.
- A digital marketing agency which provides design internships related to journalism, communications, advertising, marketing, web design and information technology.
- An elite training academy for motorsport drivers and riders which provides design internships related to graphic design, video business and design.
- A property management company which provides short-to-long-term rentals, along with experiences and events for clients. Design internships relate to marketing, content development, management assistance, graphic design, and SEO.
- An English speaking magazine which covers subjects such as food, culture, entertainment, sports, history, events and more. Design internships relate to journalism and communications, digital marketing, social networks, content creation, graphic design, and web development.
Further placements are also available, and interns with specific requests should include as much detail as possible in applications or enquiries. These requests are accommodated wherever possible, but are subject to availability. If there is a particular industry or sector that you’re interested in, let us know.
Spanish language proficiency is not a requirement to join. However, interns should expect that a language barrier can still be encountered to a certain extent. Interns should be prepared for the very natural and normal frustration of not always understanding what is being said around them. Come prepared and willing to surmount a language barrier (and ask for help when needed), as opposed to being intimidated by it. Bear in mind that internships in Spain include five introductory Spanish language lessons, which are provided during the orientation period. Any additional Spanish language lessons must be coordinated and paid for separately. We encourage all interns to take advantage of the opportunity to learn some Spanish skills during their program (or develop their existing vocabulary).
Valencia is a popular tourist city on Spain’s south-eastern Mediterranean Coast. It’s well known for its historic old town and relaxed way of life. In recent years, Valencia has established itself as a fantastic hub for culture and enterprise. While the city is broadly celebrated for its modern City of Arts and Sciences Museum, it’s an equally desirable destination if you love the outdoors, excellent cuisine and fantastic weather!
Graphic and Web Design interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Create graphics, unique designs, and layouts for websites and marketing material
- Managing social media accounts and contributing original, engaging content
- Conducting market analysis to inform marketing campaigns and new opportunities
- Creating and editing photos and videos
- Designing apps and website features
Professional development opportunities:
- Build your portfolio by creating designs and websites to deliver on your placement’s strategic objectives
- Use industry standard design tools such as Adobe suite software
- Develop written and oral communication skills in a range of mediums, including websites, newsletters, blogs, videos and social media
- Gain development skills building websites, online functionality and apps
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Gain hands-on creative design skills in exciting companies that match your own interests
- Contribute customized content that satisfies the strategic objectives of your placement company and builds your own comprehensive portfolio
- Enjoy traveling and living in Valencia, with easy access to wider Spain and the Mediterranean
Types of host organizations:
- Marketing agencies
- Design studios
- Software development companies
- E-commerce companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
Program Fee (USD)
|2 weeks||$2,209Equivalent to $157/day|
|3 weeks||$2,434Equivalent to $115/day|
|4 weeks||$2,659Equivalent to $94/day|
|5 weeks||$2,884Equivalent to $82/day|
|6 weeks||$3,109Equivalent to $74/day|
|8 weeks||$3,559Equivalent to $63/day|
|10 weeks||$4,009Equivalent to $57/day|
|12 weeks||$4,459Equivalent to $53/day|
|16 weeks||$5,359Equivalent to $47/day|
|20 weeks||$6,259Equivalent to $44/day|
|24 weeks||$7,159Equivalent to $42/day|
- 24/7 in-country support
- Airport pick-up
- Program orientation
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- In-country guidance for social and tourist activities
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Coaching from your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- Visa (if required), flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check
- Transfer back to the airport at the end of your internship program
- Optional extras, such as language lessons
- Souvenirs and leisure activities during your free time
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as drinks, snacks, laundry, public transportation, and any meals not included in your Program Fee
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- European students who wish to receive Erasmus funding for their internship in Spain are encouraged to apply and outline their specific requirements.
- Balance of your Program Fee is due 60 days before your internship start date.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- Terms and Conditions apply.