Social Work internships in Cape Town are a rewarding internship program for participants who are open to the privilege of assisting others in disadvantaged communities. Most placements within this Social Work internship program focus on social issues such as child-care, at risk youth, poverty, conflict resolution, HIV/AIDS, substance abuse, refugees, and gender issues. Due to the broad scope of the program, interns are matched to an appropriate placement according to an analysis of their skills, experience, educational background, and duration of stay. (Various placements are also subject to availability).
|“My internship in Cape Town was an unforgettable experience that I will cherish forever. Not only did I get to work alongside some of the most amazing people, but I also had the opportunity to explore a beautiful country with other interns who went from being strangers to my friends for life. The best decision I ever made was applying to Intern Abroad HQ and getting on that plane to South Africa. There are no words to describe how grateful I am for this experience. I miss it already!.” - Jennifer Vasek, USA|
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
- To convert these prices to your local currency visit the XE currency converter.
- All Intern Abroad programs attract a Registration Fee of US$299 in addition to the Program Fee.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges. International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of US$75.
- * Terms and Conditions do apply
What extra costs will I have?
- Visa, flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check.
- Transfer back to the airport at conclusion of the program.
- Language lessons (optional)
- Souvenirs + tourism/leisure activities during free time.
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as meals and public transportation. Interns generally find US$120 per week to be sufficient.