Put your agricultural experience into practice and upskill African farmers by interning remotely with an agricultural training school in Tanzania.
This is a remote internship conducted in English that you can conduct from home.
Agriculture is the backbone of Tanzania’s economy, with 80 percent of the population working in the industry. However, farming techniques are often out-dated, meaning harvests are vulnerable to extreme weather, and many farmers live off low incomes. This agricultural training institution contributes to the professionalization of farming in Tanzania by teaching secondary school graduates about modern farming methods.
As a remote agriculture intern, you’ll collaborate with local lecturers at an agricultural training school where around 500 students are taught sustainable farming on a working 1200-acre farm. The students assist hundreds of permanent and seasonal workers, learning effective farming methods for vegetables, grains, livestock, fruit and cash crops.
Virtual farming interns assist lecturers to prepare classes and activities for students, employing practical training so they can see the effect of their techniques. Interning remotely, you will help organize materials, understand seasonal priorities, help organize farm operations, and also teach students. Interns can help with the administrative side of the farm itself, planning seasonal work such as planting, fertilizing, harvesting, herding, pest control and productivity enhancements.
Your virtual internship in agriculture can also include assisting with the development and sale of agricultural products for local farmers. Interns can focus their efforts on the crops or farm products of their choosing, with a large number of options available.
This is a highly rewarding internship in agriculture in which you’ll help to upskill local African farmers to maximize their efforts and income.
Remote internships in Tanzania are conducted in English.
Sustainable farming interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Preparing sustainable farming classes
- Preparing educational resources for farming students
- Organizing materials for seasonal tasks
- Prioritising seasonal tasks and instructing staff
- Introducing measures to improive productivity
- Assisting with production of vegetables, grains, livestock, fruit and cash crops
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn about modern large-scale farming methods in East Africa
- Specialise in tropical crops farmed on alluvial soils and volcanic soils for domestic and export purposes, or specialise in livestock
- Learn about agricultural education methods and training of farmers
- Get experience organizing seasonal work
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
Monday to Friday. Details will be discussed with the supervisor.
- Intern with a leading agricultural institution and have an academically trained supervisor
- Combine theoretical teaching with practical tasks
- A broad range of farming activities including crop farming and livestock keeping
- Learn about tropical farming in East Africa and training methods for farmers
- Gain practical career experience from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Agricultural training institute
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|