This virtual internship in journalism and media places interns with the leading English language news and media companies in Tanzania. Write articles, produce TV and work with leading media professionals.
This is an exciting opportunity for a remote internship working in journalism and TV production with media companies in Tanzania. Those joining this virtual media internship can help to produce English language news and content for TV, prominent newspapers such as The Citizen and The Guardian, and other publications.
Remote internships in journalism allow interns to state preferences for where you’d ideally like to be placed. Placements can include an NGO umbrella body of press clubs in Tanzania, as well as a TV production company (directed by a local female TV presenter, journalist and woman’s rights activist) where interning journalists can prepare social and political news for weekly talk shows.
Media interns also have scope to assist behind the scenes with production companies (subject to availability), to help with production tasks on documentaries, advertisements, education films and multi-platform media campaigns.
Virtual journalism internships are also available with English language print publications, where interns are able to write articles for newspapers or press clubs, which supply news to a range of publications. Interns can write articles on a range of topics such as politics, business, lifestyle, sports, health, fashion and youth culture. These publications also offer the chance for interns to assist with graphic design, layout planning and researching.
All online interns in Tanzania work under the supervision of an experienced local journalist or producer, who will help to give you tasks and give feedback on your work. You’ll get real life experience producing news, learning about how the media industry operates, using contemporary technology and production styles, and contributing to high quality international news publications. As such, interns are held to professional standards to contribute quality work on deadlines.
Interns can state a preference for the type of work experience you would like during your remote internship out of Tanzania, however placements are subject to availability.
Virtual internships from Tanzania are conducted in English.
Journalism and Media interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Producing news for TV or print
- Writing articles
- Preparing news pieces for TV talk shows
- Assisting with behind-the-scenes TV production
- Helping produce content for documentaries, advertisements, films and multi-media platforms
- Graphic design and layout planning for print publications
- Researching for story content
- Learn about the media industry and journalism in East Africa
- Improve your skills as a journalist or media professional
- Get first-hand insights into the society, culture and politics of Tanzania
- Learn how to produce news content in a professional and timely manner
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Tanzania.
- Intern with Tanzanian media companies that are working on high international quality levels, using up to date technologies and production styles
- Work and communicate with experienced Tanzanian journalists and learn about their work
- Get insights into the media industry of Tanzania and East Africa
- Get feedback about your work and improve your professional skill level
- Get first-hand insights and contacts in Tanzanian and East African society, culture and politics
Type of host organizations:
- Media companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|