Gain experience in the highly sought-after field of sports management, supporting a top professional football club in Argentina and an international sports charity. Interns help with day-to-day operations, marketing and communications, and liaison between your placement and international partner clubs to find opportunities for further growth.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
Practical experience is essential for anyone looking to work in sports management, which means it can be a difficult industry to break into. By serving on this Sports Management internship out of Argentina, you’ll gain crucial experience and skills to set you up for a rewarding career in this high profile, popular industry.
Interns are placed with either a professional football club or sports charity, although full-time interns are able to assist both types of organizations.
When interning at the football club, you’ll help in a marketing and communications capacity, based in the International and Institutional Relations Department. Interns identify collaboration opportunities with other international sports clubs, such as player and coach exchanges and international sponsorship possibilities. You’ll attend online meetings with representatives from clubs from around the world to explore opportunities, and can also help to organize logistics for team exchange tours to other countries.
Football clubs take their community responsibilities seriously, and use sport as a vehicle to help to educate and entertain young people in particular. Interns work with local club professionals to design community workshops that raise awareness and address UN Development Goals around poverty, inequality and education. This can include developing games, worksheets and activities to raise awareness of these social issues and their flow-on effects.
Sports charities in Argentina work in underprivileged communities to provide fun activities and games that help young people to develop social skills, confidence and physical fitness. Interns assist by collaborating with local instructors to develop and improve exercises and drills in sports such as football, tennis, basketball, rugby and baseball.
You’ll also be able to assist with fundraising activities, including identifying and engaging potential individual and corporate sponsors. Interns can build fundraising strategies, including organising fundraising events, and develop newsletters and social media content to attract and encourage new sponsors.
Charities also host study abroad students, and interns can support these students by helping to arrange their itineraries, accommodation, transportation and other logistics.
Interns that contribute to both organizations are able to gain a rounded experience of sports management, planning and administration. If interning on a part-time basis, you may request a specific placement, although that cannot always be guaranteed.
You’ll be in close and regular contact with your supervisor in Argentina, working to your own schedule to deliver work on agreed deadlines. You will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Argentina.
This internship is conducted in English.
Sports Management interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Generating new relationships with international sports clubs
- Identifying collaboration opportunities between sports clubs
- Arranging tour and exchange logistics
- Delivering education and developmental workshops around UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Producing online and social media content for fundraising and awareness campaigns
- Produce exercises, drills and activities to encourage skill development in sports such as football, baseball, tennis, basketball and rugby
- Arrange logistics for study abroad students
Professional development opportunities:
- Work with a professional football club on real projects
- Experience sporting collaboration initiatives
- Expand your network of contacts in professional sports clubs around the world
- Gain experience developing sports training and games in a range of sports
- Deliver original digital and social media content to support fundraising and awareness campaigns
- Improve organizational skills by arranging logistics for international tours and visiting students in Argentina
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Virtual interns must manage your own time effectively. You’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. However, you will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Argentina.
- Learn about the Latin American sport culture by contributing to a world class pro football club and a local sport charity
- Experience using sport as a vehicle to raise awareness of social issues in the community
- Gain practical sports management experience while collaborating with organizations around the world.
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Football clubs
- Sports charities
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,648|
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75 USD.
- Terms and Conditions apply.