This is an ideal internship for vet students looking to gain hands-on veterinary experience, assisting practicing vets in Costa Rica as they work with local animals to provide a wide range of care and treatments.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation and meals provided.
Veterinary internships in Costa Rica are typically based around the town of San Ramon de Alajuela, where interns are placed in a vet clinic, helping local staff with all aspects of daily tasks.
Veterinary interns can assist vet doctors and technicians with medical procedures, feeding, bathing, brushing, obedience training, administering medicine, cleaning cages, and assisting with animal rehabilitation. Anything that’s routinely required of a vet during their day, interns can be there to experience.
Depending on each intern’s level of experience, there may also be scope to assist with vaccinations, surgeries, and diagnoses.
This internship program is ideal for animal lovers studying for an animal care qualification (or a related field) who wish to gain hands-on practical experience. Interns are required to provide academic records or proof of enrollment, and should include this information in your application.
Veterinarian interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Veterinary medical procedures
- Bathing and brushing
- Obedience training
- Administering medicine
- Cleaning cages
- Animal rehabilitation
Professional development opportunities:
- Work with experienced veterinarians
- Interact with clients and learn how to assist them
- Learn about standardized procedures
- Learn about different medical products
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
- Experience daily life in a veterinary clinic
- Gain exposure to a range of animal treatments and care techniques
- Learn practical veterinary skills caring for animals
Types of host organizations:
- Veterinary clinics in Costa Rica
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|