Join a highly respected NGO on a virtual environmental law internship in Greece. Get real environmental law experience and help develop conservation strategies by participating remotely from home.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home. Click here to view the in-country version of this internship if you would prefer to intern abroad.
Remote internships in environmental law out of Greece are perfect for those with a passion for environmental conservation. Environmental law internships are based with an Institute of Marine Conservation, a highly respected non-profit NGO with bases around Greece.
Remote interns have the opportunity to work on priority projects related to key environmental protection issues, gaining exposure to real-world application of environmental law. Projects are varied and assigned according to interns’ experience and interest, and can include the following areas:
- EU fisheries legislation and Illegal, Unregulated and Unreported (IUU) fisheries
- Promoting the enforcement of existing EU and international legislation for the protection of protected habitats (i.e. seagrass meadows and coralligenous reefs)
- Illegal trading of endangered plants and animals
- Environmental crimes, pollution incidents and the destruction of natural habitats and wildlife
- Shipping, ship traffic and maritime accidents
- Uncontrolled use of live ammunition by the armed forces posing threats to public health and wildlife
- Development of management schemes for fisheries protected areas
Virtual environmental law interns can expect to assist NGOs with writing reports, preparing legal documents and writing website content to raise public awareness. This material will be used to combat environmental crimes or develop management and conservation strategies to protect the environment.
This internship is conducted in English.
Environmental law interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Writing reports
- Preparing legal documents
- Writing website content to raise public awareness
- Combating environmental crimes
- Developing conservation strategies
Professional development opportunities:
- Contribute to environmental law development and application in leading NGOs
- Experience legal report writing and campaigning
- Legal research and analysis
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Greece.
- Intern with a respected NGO working across environmental law
- Help to protect local biodiversity in Greece
- Gain practical legal skills from real life legal cases
- Get international work experience by interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Greek Institute of Marine Conservation
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|