Remote interns with a passion for environmental conservation have the unique opportunity to join a highly respected marine conservation NGO and work virtually alongside researchers on key protection issues, gaining exposure to real-world application of environmental law. Help to combat environmental crimes or develop environmental management and conservation strategies.
- Intern with a respected NGO working across environmental law
- Help to protect local biodiversity in Greece
- Gain practical legal skills from real life legal cases
- Get international work experience by interning remotely from home without having to travel
Type of host organizations:
- Greek Institute of Marine Conservation
Join a highly respected NGO on a virtual environmental law internship in Greece. Get real environmental law experience and help develop conservation strategies by participating remotely from home.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home. Click here to view the in-country version of this internship if you would prefer to intern abroad.
Remote internships in environmental law out of Greece are perfect for those with a passion for environmental conservation. Environmental law internships are based with an Institute of Marine Conservation, a highly respected non-profit NGO with bases around Greece.
Remote interns have the opportunity to work on priority projects related to key environmental protection issues, gaining exposure to real-world application of environmental law. Projects are varied and assigned according to interns’ experience and interest, and can include the following areas:
- EU fisheries legislation and Illegal, Unregulated and Unreported (IUU) fisheries
- Promoting the enforcement of existing EU and international legislation for the protection of protected habitats (i.e. seagrass meadows and coralligenous reefs)
- Illegal trading of endangered plants and animals
- Environmental crimes, pollution incidents and the destruction of natural habitats and wildlife
- Shipping, ship traffic and maritime accidents
- Uncontrolled use of live ammunition by the armed forces posing threats to public health and wildlife
- Development of management schemes for fisheries protected areas
Virtual environmental law interns can expect to assist NGOs with writing reports, preparing legal documents and writing website content to raise public awareness. This material will be used to combat environmental crimes or develop management and conservation strategies to protect the environment.
Environmental Law interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
Preparing legal documents
Writing website content to raise public awareness
Combating environmental crimes
Developing conservation strategies
Professional development opportunities:
Contribute to environmental law development and application in leading NGOs
Experience legal report writing and campaigning
Legal research and analysis
Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
”I have thoroughly enjoyed my remote internship. It has been so exciting working on a project that I am passionate about. Being able to carry out research knowing it could help rescue dolphins from dolphinariums across Europe motivated me to work harder during this project.”
Read reviews from our Greece InternsRead more reviews
Academic credit available for all internships
Gain course credit from your college or university and meet your academic requirements when completing an internship abroad or remote internship program with Intern Abroad HQ.Learn about course credit
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$998Equivalent to $1/day|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,398Equivalent to $0/day|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,698Equivalent to $0/day|
- 24/7 in-country support
- Airport pick-up
- Program orientation
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- In-country guidance for social and tourist activities
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Coaching from your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- Academic credit facilitation
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- Visa (if required), flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check
- Transfer back to the airport at the end of your internship program
- Optional extras, such as language lessons
- Souvenirs and leisure activities during your free time
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as drinks, snacks, laundry, public transportation, and any meals not included in your Program Fee
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due 60 days before your internship start date.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
Get inspired with these related intern success stories & guidesRead more inspiring stories
Other internships you may be interested in
Human Rights & Anti-Racism out of Israel
Human Rights & NGO Support out of Italy
LGBT & Minority Rights out of Morocco
NGO Human Rights out of Morocco
Refugee & Migrant Rights out of Morocco
Legal Practice out of Spain
Legal Support for Human Rights Advocacy out of Tanzania
Legal Practice out of USA