Remote internships in environmental law out of Greece are perfect for those with a passion for environmental conservation. Environmental law internships are based with an Institute of Marine Conservation, a highly respected non-profit NGO with bases around Greece.
Remote interns have the opportunity to work on priority projects related to key environmental protection issues, gaining exposure to real-world application of environmental law. Projects are varied and assigned according to interns’ experience and interest, and can include the following areas:
- EU fisheries legislation and Illegal, Unregulated and Unreported (IUU) fisheries
- Promoting the enforcement of existing EU and international legislation for the protection of protected habitats (i.e. seagrass meadows and coralligenous reefs)
- Illegal trading of endangered plants and animals
- Environmental crimes, pollution incidents and the destruction of natural habitats and wildlife
- Shipping, ship traffic and maritime accidents
- Uncontrolled use of live ammunition by the armed forces posing threats to public health and wildlife
- Development of management schemes for fisheries protected areas
Virtual environmental law interns can expect to assist NGOs with writing reports, preparing legal documents and writing website content to raise public awareness. This material will be used to combat environmental crimes or develop management and conservation strategies to protect the environment.
Click here to check out the intern abroad equivalent of this remote internship. Note that remote internships can be coupled with data collection on site, which interns can pick up at a future date, if you wish to complete your experience by interning abroad.
Professional development opportunities:
- Contribute to environmental law development and application in leading NGOs
- Experience legal report writing and campaigning
- Legal research and analysis
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Greece.
- Intern with a respected NGO working across environmental law
- Help to protect local biodiversity in Greece
- Gain practical legal skills from real life legal cases
Types of host organizations:
- sGreek Institute of Marine Conservation
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hour options||$948|
|250 hour options||$1348|
|350 hour options||$1648|
When you are ready to confirm your place on a Remote Internship, you just pay a deposit (US$449 for 100-hour options, US$649 for 250-hour options or US$769 for 350-hour options). This deposit is included in your Program Fee.