Gain practical work experience on this virtual finance and business consulting internship, working with real businesses in Tanzania.
This is a remote internship conducted in English that you can conduct from home.
This remote internship in finance and business consulting offers hands-on experience in preparing investment assessments, developing strategic business plans, and providing management consulting reports for local businesses in Tanzania, many of which are international agri-businesses and pharmaceutical companies.
Online finance and business interns are placed with local companies, and interns are mentored by an experienced supervisor. This is as close as you can get to working in the business and finance industries as an intern.
Tanzania has a strong local economy, with a wide variety of market opportunities offering valuable resume-building experiences for interns, along with insight into international approaches and East African culture.
Remote internships in Tanzania are conducted in English.
Finance and business interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Helping to manage investment projects from inception to completion, including business setup and writing business plans/proposals
- Performing investment valuation analysis and advising clients on investments
- Completing environmental impact assessments and feasibility studies for new investment projects and businesses
- Providing consultation services
- Analyzing financial statements, sales reports and other key performance indicators
- Preparing account reports
- Developing branding and promotion strategies in a competitive market
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn about business innovation, creativity and coping up with the new technologies and changing environment
- Provide business and investment consultation services
- Understand the challenges of international business and finance companies in East Africa
- Understand financial key performance indicators
- Experience Environmental Impact Assessments
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Tanzania.
- Being part of a professional team working on relevant investment and business consulting project
- Learning how to provide consultation services
- Understanding key financial mechanisms and business strategy principles in the East African market
- Learn how to provide capacity building services
- Gain practical career experience from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Finance companies
- Business consultants
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,648|
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75 USD.
- Terms and Conditions apply.