Marketing and Communications internships in Peru involve hands-on promotion of a wide range of companies, with placements available in tourism agencies, hostels, hotels and NGOs. Interns can help with digital marketing, content creation, social media and communications to support businesses to grow and boost their visibility both locally and internationally.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation and meals provided.
This is a perfect internship for those wanting genuine Spanish-language marketing and communications experience in Peru. There is good scope for interns to request a placement in a particular industry (such as tourism, hospitality, or NGOs), with customizable internships available based on your strengths, interests and level of Spanish language proficiency.
Interns can focus on enhancing the visibility of your host organization through social media and online marketing, and creating original and exciting content such as blogs and other content. You can also contribute to marketing activities and customer research, implementing effective strategies to better promote your placement company, and identifying new growth opportunities.
Interns also collaborate to improve customer experiences, particularly in tourism companies. You can gain experience through the management of enjoyable and entertaining tours, and assist with translating between Spanish and English. Interns have the scope and creative freedom to identify potential areas of improvement that help with approval ratings, supported by market research and competitor analysis.
If you’re interested in a specific field within marketing or communications, please mention this in your application. Your placement will reflect your preferences as much as possible, so interns are encouraged to share information about their goals for professional development.
Cusco is world-renowned as the closest city to Machu Picchu, Peru’s most popular tourist attraction. It’s a city for adventurous travelers that enjoy the outdoors, particularly hiking and photography. There are plenty of world-class walks to explore in your spare time, and Cusco also offers a unique culturally immersive experience that’s perfect for outgoing interns!
Marketing and Communications interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Marketing and communications work in hotels, tourism operators, hostels or NGOs
- Managing social media accounts
- Creating content for social media and online marketing
- Developing marketing strategies and product opportunities
- Conducting market research
- Customer service support
- Assisting in tour operation
- Translating between Spanish and English
- Providing administrative support
Professional development opportunities:
- Practice and develop Spanish language proficiency within a professional setting
- Create original video, blog and social media content
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns
- Identify product growth opportunities
- Help with customer satisfaction, improving product offerings
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday - Friday, 4 hours per day
- Play a leading role in developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Marketing and communications roles to match your skills and interests
- Experience Cusco, one of the world’s most popular tourism cities
Types of host organizations:
- Travel agencies
- Hotels and hostels
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
Program Fee (USD)
|2 weeks||$994Equivalent to $71/day|
|3 weeks||$1,129Equivalent to $53/day|
|4 weeks||$1,264Equivalent to $45/day|
|5 weeks||$1,399Equivalent to $39/day|
|6 weeks||$1,534Equivalent to $36/day|
|8 weeks||$1,804Equivalent to $32/day|
|10 weeks||$2,074Equivalent to $29/day|
|12 weeks||$2,344Equivalent to $27/day|
|16 weeks||$2,884Equivalent to $25/day|
|20 weeks||$3,424Equivalent to $24/day|
|24 weeks||$3,964Equivalent to $23/day|
- 24/7 in-country support
- Airport pick-up
- Program orientation
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- In-country guidance for social and tourist activities
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Coaching from your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- Visa (if required), flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check
- Transfer back to the airport at the end of your internship program
- Optional extras, such as language lessons
- Souvenirs and leisure activities during your free time
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as drinks, snacks, laundry, public transportation, and any meals not included in your Program Fee
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Please note: The medical internship programs (Physician’s Assistant, Dentistry, Midwifery, Psychology and Physiotherapy) have an extra surcharge of US$15 per week, for extra supervision, materials and logistics involved. This amount will be included in the Program Fee quoted to you when you apply.
- Balance of your Program Fee is due 60 days before your internship start date.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- Terms and Conditions apply.