Marketing and Communications internships in Peru involve hands-on promotion of a wide range of companies, with placements available in tourism agencies, hostels, hotels and NGOs. Interns can help with digital marketing, content creation, social media and communications to support businesses to grow and boost their visibility both locally and internationally.
This is a perfect internship for those wanting genuine Spanish-language marketing and communications experience in Peru. There is good scope for interns to request a placement in a particular industry (such as tourism, hospitality, or NGOs), with customizable internships available based on your strengths, interests and level of Spanish language proficiency.
Interns can focus on enhancing the visibility of your host organization through social media and online marketing, and creating original and exciting content such as blogs and other content. You can also contribute to marketing activities and customer research, implementing effective strategies to better promote your placement company, and identifying new growth opportunities.
Interns also collaborate to improve customer experiences, particularly in tourism companies. You can gain experience through the management of enjoyable and entertaining tours, and assist with translating between Spanish and English. Interns have the scope and creative freedom to identify potential areas of improvement that help with approval ratings, supported by market research and competitor analysis.
If you’re interested in a specific field within marketing or communications, please mention this in your application. Your placement will reflect your preferences as much as possible, so interns are encouraged to share information about their goals for professional development.
Marketing and Communications interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Marketing and communications work in hotels, tourism operators, hostels or NGOs
- Managing social media accounts
- Creating content for social media and online marketing
- Developing marketing strategies and product opportunities
- Conducting market research
- Customer service support
- Assisting in tour operation
- Translating between Spanish and English
- Providing administrative support
Professional development opportunities:
- Practice and develop Spanish language proficiency within a professional setting
- Create original video, blog and social media content
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns
- Identify product growth opportunities
- Help with customer satisfaction, improving product offerings
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday - Friday, 4 hours per day
- Play a leading role in developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Marketing and communications roles to match your skills and interests
- Experience Cusco, one of the world’s most popular tourism cities
Types of host organizations:
- Travel agencies
- Hotels and hostels
|“I did an internship through Intern Abroad HQ in Cusco, Peru for a semester study abroad through my university. It was one of the best things I have ever done in my life! Intern Abroad HQ did a great job at organizing everything pre-departure as well as checking up on the group of us throughout our time in Peru. The staff at my placement were amazing and super helpful with anything and everything. I was lucky enough to be able to work with the director of an English department. I assisted him with teaching classes, marketing, program development, and program outreach. Within the first week, the staff already felt like my family away from home. My host family was absolutely incredible. They were the kindest, self-less, and most inspiring people I have met. If you are an adventurer, Cusco is calling your name. There are so many cool places to explore - I promise you won’t have enough time to see it all. Now quit reading this review and go apply for an internship with Intern Abroad HQ. I promise you will have an experience of a lifetime!” - Alex Curtis, USA|
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
Please note: The medical internship programs (Physician’s Assistant, Dentistry, Midwifery, Psychology and Physiotherapy) have an extra surcharge of US$15 per week, for extra supervision, materials and logistics involved. This amount will be included in the Program Fee quoted to you when you apply.