If you have a flair for organization and a keen eye for detail, then an Event Management internship in Bali can provide you with unique experience to put your talent into action. With placements in a range of businesses, beach clubs or event management companies, interns develop and implement effective strategies for events and business initiatives. Come prepared to be adaptable, creative and business-minded!
Events in Bali are hugely popular with tourists and local communities alike, and Event Management interns can tailor their experiences for a wide range of industries and event types. Placements are available in businesses such as beach clubs, event management companies, tour and travel agencies, running events that range in size and include conferences, weddings, parties, sports events and retreats.
As an intern, you’ll be supervised by local event managers, learning about all aspects of event management.
You’ll get experience at all stages of event planning, starting with developing realistic plans and timelines that correlate with the host company’s or clients goals. Interns can also learn how to actually get people to show up to your event through effective marketing and promotion, as well as assist with budget management and fundraising.
If you stay in Bali long enough, you’ll also experience how to deliver an event, managing run sheets, activations and timings to ensure a positive experience for attendees and hosts. This comes with the satisfaction of receiving feedback from host organizations and seeing your plans come to fruition.
This internship is conducted in English.
Event Management interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Managing the logistics of planning and staging events, from conception to final delivery
- Budgeting or fundraising
- Marketing and promoting events
- Developing a strong awareness of customer service, working closely to a client brief
- Multi-tasking and managing a complex workload
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain project management experience
- Learn organizational and time management skills
- Relate client goals into practical event setups
- Gain experience preparing event budgets and proposals
- Deliver events, and learn how to deliver on plans
- Learn about Bali’s unique event scene
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5 pm. Interns should expect to have to work outside office hours on occasion, and understand that many events are likely to take place outside office hours.
- Gain experience planning events for genuine clients in a range of settings
- Help to deliver events that run on time and satisfy client goals
- Experience the unique lifestyle and culture of Bali, one of the world’s most popular tourist islands
Types of host organizations:
- Large hotel chains
- Conference venues and wedding planners
- Event management companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Bali do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently.