Event Management and Public Relations internships in Auckland can be related to the planning and execution of events, as well as the arrangement of corporate meetings, celebrations, fairs, festivals, and even weddings. Interns can expect to be involved across all stages of planning and implementation, so it’s important to be flexible and cooperative while assisting alongside a team.
Internship placements within this field can be both for-profit and nonprofit businesses and organizations. Specific requests to work with either are subject to availability.
Internship tasks can involve, but may not be limited to:
- Assisting in brainstorming and concept development, planning and presenting
- Developing promotional materials for events or press releases
- Liaising with clients, coordinating event services and vendors
- Conducting market research
- Working with customer service or event management databases
It’s important to keep in mind that, depending on the timeline of ongoing tasks and how it aligns with an intern’s duration, interns may not be able to see a particular project through, from its inception through to its completion. This depends on the length of commitment to the internship program, as well as the host organization or company’s schedule of events.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Auckland do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently. Kitchen facilities are provided in all accommodation for independent meal preparation. A NZ$700 accommodation security deposit must be paid in-country but this is fully refundable, subject to inspection of the accommodation upon departure and confirmation that there have been no damages.
- To convert these prices to your local currency visit the XE currency converter.
- All Intern Abroad programs attract a Registration Fee of US$299 in addition to the Program Fee.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges. International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of US$75.
- * Terms and Conditions do apply
What extra costs will I have?
- Visa, flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check.
- Transfer back to the airport at conclusion of the program (approx. US$15 - US$50 via bus or taxi)
- Souvenirs + tourism/leisure activities during free time.
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as meals and public transportation. Interns generally find US$130 per week to be sufficient.