Tourism and hospitality are two of Bali’s biggest industries, and play a large role in making the island a must-see on many travelers bucket lists. Interns can be placed in a wide range of tourism companies, hotels, visitor attractions, restaurants and more, helping to grow businesses through marketing or improve customer experiences.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation provided.
Tourism & Hospitality Management internships are highly customized to suit you. Interns can request placements geared towards tourism or hospitality, and even more specific roles within these industries. Requests will be accommodated wherever possible, but cannot be guaranteed. In both cases, interns can help to improve the customer experience at your placement, as well as assist in a business development role through marketing and promotions that grow the business itself.
Interns more interested in tourism can be placed in companies working in tours, travel agents, visitor attractions, museums, theme parks, zoos or heritage sites. Roles vary based on your specific placement, but interns can help with:
- Improving tours or products, or innovating new ideas
- Assist tour guides
- Produce marketing material such as blogs, photos and videos
- Conduct market analysis to identify new market opportunities
- Quality control assessment
- Partnership arrangements
Interns interested in experiencing the hospitality sector have a range of exciting placements available in Bali’s world class hotels, restaurants, bars, caterers, events or accommodation management companies. These internships offer genuine industry experience collaborating with experienced local professionals and helping tourists to maximize their time in Bali. Again, roles vary based on your specific placement, but interns can help with:
- Managing guest relations or services
- Bartending or serving
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Finance and revenue management
Applicants should submit a comprehensive application, including your experience, skills and interests, in order to customize your placement to suit you best.
This internship is conducted in English.
Tourism & Hospitality Management interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Marketing and promotions
- Customer service
- Assisting tour guides
- Producing marketing material such as blogs, photos and videos
- Conducting market analysis to identify new market opportunities
- Quality control assessment
- Helping with partnership arrangements
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience growing companies through marketing and business strategy
- Hands-on roles in hotels, restaurants and bars
- Experience customer service in a range of hospitality or tourism settings
- Understand customer satisfaction requirements
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- 8 hours per day, five days a week. Interns are likely to work outside the typical 9 - 5 office hours and may be required to work on weekends.
- Customized Tourism and Hospitality internships in a range of roles or settings
- Contribute to a world-class tourism and hospitality sector, learning from experienced professionals
- Experience the stunning island of Bali in your free time
Types of host organizations:
- Accommodation managers
- Events companies
- Travel agents
- Tour operators
- Visitor attractions such as museums, theme parks, zoos and heritage sites
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Bali do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently.