The Tourism Operations internship program in Dublin offers flexible, short-term experiences. Interns can expect to spend time at the tourism agency’s office in Dublin, in addition to joining full-day tour excursions to provide constructive feedback.
Full-day tour excursions, if attended during the internship, usually require an early morning start. Extra opportunities include social media marketing and blog writing.
Interns who select a short duration for this program (such as just 2 weeks, which is the minimum commitment) can expect their internship to be of an introductory nature. Interns who have a longer internship will have increased scope to become more involved with diverse aspects of the company, such as activities related to marketing and sales, social media, digital design, customer service (etc).
It is important to note that Tourism Operations interns are accommodated in a city center apartment/residence instead of with a host family. The central location of this accommodation is ideal for commuting to Tourism Operations internship placements within the central city area, especially as early starts can often be required (if assisting with tour excursions, which have an early departure time). Accommodation is also close to public transportation routes, as well as shops, restaurants, cafes, entertainment, parks, and other attractions.
|“My internship involves me being a secret shopper, where they send me to the Cliffs of Moher, or Galway, or Wicklow - a whole bunch of places - and I would have to rate the tours after they were over, compile the details, and present back to the company. I learned about marketing and how to run social media websites for a tourist company. What I enjoyed most about my time in Ireland was working for a tourism company and learning the ins and outs of it and then feeling confident afterwards, knowing that I could work for a company in Ireland, get used to the culture, get used to being in this type of work environment and feel confident about it. The boss will make you feel comfortable and that’s what made this entire trip with it.” - Kenneth Sitkowski, USA|
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
- To convert these prices to your local currency visit the XE currency converter.
- All Intern Abroad programs attract a Registration Fee of US$299 in addition to the Program Fee.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges. International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of US$75.
- * Terms and Conditions do apply
What extra costs will I have?
- Visa, flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check.
- Transfer back to the airport at conclusion of the program.
- Language lessons.
- Souvenirs + tourism/leisure activities during free time.
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as drinks, snacks, laundry, and public transportation. Interns generally find US$100 per week to be sufficient.