This tourism internship offers an incredible mix of sightseeing and career development. Interns are placed with tour companies in Dublin, taking part in excursions and identifying areas of improvement. Assist with social media marketing and customer service for leading tourism operators, and experience Ireland’s most popular attractions while you do it!
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation provided.
Tourism Operations interns get to experience world-class, full day tours around Dublin and wider Ireland, acting as mystery shoppers to provide feedback on the customer experience and ways that tours can be improved.
This is a unique opportunity to take part in enjoyable tourism activities, while gaining marketing, customer service and tourism experience with a young and energetic host company. You’ll get to visit iconic attractions such as The Cliffs of Moher and the Titanic Museum while you work!
Interns usually join between three and four tours per week. These excursions often start early in the morning, around 6am, and can finish as late as 9pm. You can opt to do your own sightseeing on other days, or intern in the tour company’s office, helping with sales, customer service or other marketing activities such as social media marketing, writing blogs, and digital design.
With internships available from as little as two weeks, this is a perfect opportunity for interns wanting shorter experiences. Longer term interns (i.e. four weeks or longer) can request to work in specific roles, such as SEO marketing and sales. These requests will be accommodated wherever possible, but are not guaranteed.
Tourism Operations interns are accommodated in a city center apartment rather than with a host family. The central location means you’re based in the heart of Dublin, with all the attractions of the city on your doorstep. Accommodation is also close to main public transport routes, shops, restaurants, cafes, entertainment, parks, and other attractions.
In your spare time, you’ll be able to explore Dublin’s famous castles and parks, as well as stunning sea-side walks and cliffs all around Ireland. Irish hospitality is world-renowned, and the city is home to dozens of highly rated pubs and restaurants, and a vibrant social scene.
Tourism Operations interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Critical evaluation of tourism excursions
- Identifying areas of improvement and solutions that promote better tours
- Social media / digital marketing
- Customer service and sales
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience working in a busy tourism office
- Understand tourism activities from the perspective of a tourist
- Contribute original photos, blogs and social media content
- Gain customer service experience in selling tickets to tours around Ireland
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Schedules will vary based on how many tours you complete each week. Interns can work on up to four tours per week, which can run from 6am - 9pm. Other days can either be free, or working in the tour company’s office on a schedule you’ll agree with your supervisor.
- Gain experience working in some of Ireland’s best tour agencies
- Travel around Ireland and explore its most famous landmarks from The Cliffs of Moher to the Titanic Museum
- Enjoy free time to explore Dublin
Types of host organizations:
- Tour companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
Program Fee (USD)
|2 weeks||$2,138Equivalent to $152/day|
|4 weeks||$2,788Equivalent to $99/day|
|5 weeks||$3,113Equivalent to $88/day|
|6 weeks||$3,489Equivalent to $83/day|
|7 weeks||$3,814Equivalent to $77/day|
|8 weeks||$4,139Equivalent to $73/day|
|9 weeks||$4,464Equivalent to $70/day|
|10 weeks||$4,840Equivalent to $69/day|
|11 weeks||$5,165Equivalent to $67/day|
|12 weeks||$5,490Equivalent to $65/day|
- 24/7 in-country support
- Airport pick-up
- Program orientation
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- In-country guidance for social and tourist activities
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Coaching from your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- Visa (if required), flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check
- Transfer back to the airport at the end of your internship program
- Optional extras, such as language lessons
- Souvenirs and leisure activities during your free time
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as drinks, snacks, laundry, public transportation, and any meals not included in your Program Fee
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due 60 days before your internship start date.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- Terms and Conditions apply.