Irish hospitality is famous all over the world, and on these rewarding Hospitality and Hotel Management internships you’ll gain hands-on experience contributing to the lively, vibrant industry in and around Dublin. Intern in a range of high quality hotels, restaurants or bars, helping to serve customers and contributing to their operations and marketing alongside experienced professionals.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation and meals provided.
Hospitality and hotel management are exciting industries where no two days are the same. On these rewarding internships in Ireland, you can gain practical experience in both general and specific roles within premium hotels, restaurants and bars around Dublin and the town of Bray, which is 20 minutes by train from the centre of Dublin.
Internships are available in multiple hotels, including those within the McGettigan Hotel Group and Dalata Hotel Group. As an intern, you can gain experience in the running of the hotels themselves, or within restaurants, leisure centers, spas or other facilities. Internship activities can include, but may not be limited to:
- Welcoming guests
- Assisting with bookings and reservations
- Providing customer service
- Assisting with operations requirements
- Contributing to marketing strategies
Inters looking for experience in a specific field should include details on your application. These requests are accommodated wherever possible, though are subject to availability.
The internship timetable is expected to be full time, but can be based on shift work, so may involve early starts, late finishes or weekend work. This will reflect standard industry hours, and will not generally require more than 40 hours per week. Interns should come prepared to be flexible and to also communicate any requests in regard to your preferred timetable, which can be taken into consideration.
Interns who join a short-term internship can expect an experience that is introductory in nature. However, longer-term interns (6 weeks or more) have more scope to develop experience in areas such as human resources, front of house, hotel management, sales and marketing, etc.
In your spare time, you’ll be able to explore Dublin’s famous castles and parks, as well as stunning sea-side walks and cliffs all around Ireland. Irish hospitality is world-renowned, and the city is home to dozens of highly rated pubs and restaurants, and a vibrant social scene.
This internship is conducted in English.
Hospitality and Hotel Management interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Customer service
- Working in hotels, restaurants, spas, bars and other facilities
- Assisting in marketing, human resources, hotel management and sales
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain hands-on experience assisting customers with a range of requirements
- Build your understanding of how hotels and hospitality providers work
- Learn specific skills in hotel management, restaurants, bars, spas and other facilities
- Build your communication skills in a professional environment
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm. Interns may be required to work outside office hours and on weekends - this will be discussed with your supervisor in Dublin.
- Learn hands-on skills in the world-renowned Irish hospitality sector
- Build your understanding of how to satisfy customer requirements
- Enjoy free time to explore Dublin
Types of host organizations:
- Hotels, and hotel facilities
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|