Irish Hospitality & Hotel Management internship placements can be based in and around the city of Dublin, as well as surrounding towns such as the Bray. Bray is located on the coast just 20 km (or 12 miles) south of the city center - about 30 minutes drive, on public transportation.
Placements may include hotels of the McGettigan Hotel Group, Dalata Hotel Group, or more. Such placements feature leisure centres, spas, gourmet dining, quality service and very comfortable living for guests. Specific placement requests can always be discussed but are subject to availability.
Hospitality internship placements are experienced with hosting candidates and guests from around the world, which provides an exciting opportunity to network and make long-lasting friendships.
The internship timetable is expected to be full time but often varies from a Monday through Friday, 9-5 schedule, due to the shift-work nature of the hospitality industry (for example, later start, later finish, or vice versa). Interns should come prepared to be flexible and to also communicate any requests in regard to their preferred timetable, which can be taken into consideration.
Hospitality internship activities can include, but may not be limited to:
- Welcoming guests
- Assisting with bookings and reservations
- Providing customer service
- Collaborating with local management in regard to operations and marketing strategy
- Provision of restaurant assistance and more
Interns who join a short-term internship can expect an experience that is introductory nature. However, interns who progress in their duration have increased scope to develop more experience across areas related to human resources, front of house, hotel management, sales and marketing (etc).
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
- To convert these prices to your local currency visit the XE currency converter.
- All Intern Abroad programs attract a Registration Fee of US$299 in addition to the Program Fee.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges. International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of US$75.
- * Terms and Conditions do apply
What extra costs will I have?
- Visa, flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check.
- Transfer back to the airport at conclusion of the program.
- Language lessons.
- Souvenirs + tourism/leisure activities during free time.
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as drinks, snacks, laundry, and public transportation. Interns generally find US$100 per week to be sufficient.