Experience architecture in real life, with internships in local architecture studios in Valencia. With guidance from a local architect and the chance to contribute to real-life projects at a variety of stages, interns gain hugely valuable work experience in an exciting and vibrant city.
This is an in-country internship. Click here to view the remote version of this internship you can undertake from home.
Architecture is a booming industry in Spain. Eclectic cities are home to both centuries-old buildings, and stunning new builds that show off the capabilities of contemporary construction. Architecture interns in Spain are able to assist local studios on a range of projects that continue to add to the character of the city of Valencia.
Interns have the opportunity to observe and take part in the architecture process, from concept development, design, construction, installation, and build completion. Placements are available with a range of architecture firms that focus on a variety of specific fields.
Interns can assist with a range of construction projects including:
- Renovations to residential and commercial buildings
- Large construction projects of apartment and commercial buildings
- Sports fields and facilities
- Urban planning
- Interior design
Architecture internships offer valuable learning experiences carrying out relevant work to an industry standard, with guidance from a local architect. You can also have the opportunity to utilize design software such as Archicad, Autocad and Revit.
Interns can assist with making sketches, technical design, preparing mock-up models and 3D images and drafting projects. You can also accompany your supervisor in meetings and on construction site visits, helping interns to experience the building process in person.
Interns wanting to use architectural software and programs should have prior experience before your internship. Those on longer term internships, or interns who are able to speak Spanish, are more likely to be able to work independently, as there are greater opportunities to show your skills and build stronger relationships.
This internship is conducted in English
Architecture interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Residential and commercial projects
- Making architectural sketches and 3D images
- Using industry software and programs such as ArchiCAD and AutoCAD
- Construction site visits
- Preparing mock-up models
- Technical design
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience using industry tools and programs for project design
- Learn about project management from local architects
- Visit construction projects to gain understanding of the building process
- Prepare mockup models and 3D images
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
- Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
- Contribute to construction projects in the iconic city of Valencia
- Get hands-on experience doing industry-standard architecture work
- See architecture in action on construction site visits
Types of host organizations:
- Architecture studios
- Interior design companies
- Alongside freelance architects
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
European students who wish to receive Erasmus funding for their internship in Spain are encouraged to apply and outline their specific requirements.