This Architecture internship in Bali offers practical industry experience, helping local architects to design, draft and model a range of residential and commercial properties. Gain skills in sustainable, landscape and interior architecture and contribute to the changing face of Bali’s construction industry.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation provided.
Architecture interns work in a highly creative and collaborative field, assisting local architects working on a range of projects. Interns contribute to small teams of professionals, which has the advantage of being able to help across multiple projects at different stages of construction.
Interns help to produce concept designs, draft structural details, and prepare multiple versions of designs for review. You are also able to create detailed plans for how projects reach technical goals, specifying dimensions, materials and procedures for building projects, as well as prepare costings and balance budgets and timelines.
Interns on this Architecture internship in Bali are able to use your artistic and creative skills, collaborate within teams and get experience using industry-relevant software such as AutoCAD, PDM software and generating 3D designs.
Typically, architecture companies in Bali perform a lot of work related to the hospitality or housing industry with set budgets. Interns are able to request placements in a specialized field of architecture, and these will be accommodated wherever possible. Fields such as landscape, residential and interior architecture may be possible, as well as other areas of specialization.
Interns have the opportunity to gain skills in the increasingly popular field of sustainable architecture, or green architecture. This involves architectural theory and design, and the use of sustainable building materials and methods that minimize negative effects on the environment.
This internship is conducted in English.
Architecture interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Producing concept designs
- Adding structural details to architectural plans
- Preparing multiple versions of original designs
- Monitoring the building and maintenance of equipment
- Creating and managing project budgets and construction timelines
- Using industry software to develop and alter designs
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience contributing to real design and construction projects
- Generate designs, sketches, renderings and plans
- Learn BIM, AutoCad 3D & PDM software skills
- Develop project management skills
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Gain experience in specialized fields of architecture
- Work on a range of projects at different stages
- Experience the unique lifestyle and culture of Bali, one of the world’s most popular tourist islands
Types of host organizations:
- Architecture firms
- Property developers
- Engineering consulting companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Bali do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently.