Finance Internships in Spain offer a broad scope of exciting placement opportunities in different industry fields such as commerce, communications, real estate, tax, consultancy and even professional sport. Interns collaborate with the financial department’s daily tasks, help to manage project operations, prepare financial reports and conduct financial analysis.
This is an in-country internship conducted in English, with accommodation and meals provided. Click here to view the remote version of this internship you can undertake from home.
As an aspiring finance professional, your ability to secure an exciting job will depend on your financial experience. This finance internship can give you that hands-on experience and boost your resume, while giving you the chance to explore the stunning city of Valencia!
This is an internship that is designed to suit you. There is a broad portfolio of placements available on this finance internship in Spain, offering scope for you to be ideally matched to a unique opportunity that suits your interests, motivations and skills.
Placements are available in sports centers, consulting firms, tech companies, tourism businesses and even at professional soccer/football teams. Interns are able to request a placement in a particular industry or express a preference for the type of work you want to be involved in. However, these are subject to availability.
Due to the breadth of possible placements, the nature of interns duties can vary greatly. General duties can include (but may not be limited to):
- Analyzing financial data
- Financial report writing
- Writing investment proposals
- Producing tax documents
- Reporting on financial markets
- Managing financial project operations
Internships typically require collaboration and assistance with a number of team members, as specific activities will depend on the internship placements current needs, projects and client requests. You’ll be supported by a qualified mentor who can provide key advice and support when it comes to financial management and processes in Spain.
As an intern, you will need good time management and organizational skills. You’ll be willing to use your initiative when it comes to finding solutions and be open to assisting with a wide range of tasks.
Interns get to experience the beautiful attractions of Valencia in your spare time. Valencia is home to a popular and lively old town, with stunning architecture at museums, chapels and monuments. The City of Arts and Sciences is an iconic attraction not to be missed, and the stunning Mediterranean beaches are perfect to visit on sunny evenings or during the weekends.
This internship is conducted in English; however, a commitment to learn some basic Spanish (or expand your existing skills) will be to your advantage. All internship orientations in Valencia include introductory Spanish language lessons. These are fun and social. You can arrange to continue Spanish language lessons during your internship, if you wish to develop your skills further, and this can be coordinated in-country.
Finance interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Providing tax and accounting services
- Creating and developing research projects
- Carrying out financial analysis and reporting
- Analyzing the different components of business
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience developing financial statements, invoices, statistics
- Conduct financial analysis
- Learn and apply EU and Spanish financial laws and regulations
- Learn about standard accounting methods through real case studies
- Learning how to design financial plans and reports
- Practice and hone Spanish language skills
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- The typical working schedule depends on both your and your placement’s availability. Interns can work only in the morning, only in the afternoon, or full business days, from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Gain broad financial experience in a range of industries
- Learn from finance professionals in a real life environment
- Enjoy all the attractions of Valencia and wider Spain in your spare time
Types of host organizations:
- Sport centers
- Consulting firms
- Technology companies
- Tourism companies
- Soccer/football teams
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
European students who wish to receive Erasmus funding for their internship in Spain are encouraged to apply and outline their specific requirements.