Gain hands-on skills as an intern with chartered accounting firms. Assist a range of local businesses with accounting, financial training and business development for a real-life experience that makes your resume stand out and sets you up for a rewarding career in accountancy.
This is an in-country internship, conducted in English, with accommodation and meals provided. Click here to view remote Accounting & Finance internships that you can undertake from home.
Accounting internships in Tanzania offer a unique opportunity to work in partnership with a chartered accounting firm. Interns assist a professional and well established team to provide a range of accounting and business development services, and financial training to local businesses of all sizes.
Interns also have the immersive opportunity to learn about and understand local tax and financial governance laws in Tanzania, from a highly experienced and senior local chartered accountant. You’ll receive comprehensive guidance and supervision, with the chance to observe and assist with data management, book keeping and data entry.
You may also get the chance to visit clients to understand their situations, discuss their needs and gain first hand experience working with business owners. Interns are also able to compile financial advisories, guides and resources that are distributed to locals in the community. This can be arranged in Tanzania with your supervisor.
All interns are encouraged to be highly motivated, resilient, and capable of working well within a team in order to learn, cooperate, and get the most out of this internship in Tanzania. Come prepared to develop your skills and knowledge in industry-standard bookkeeping systems and fine tune your accounting skills on this highly unique placement!
Tanzania is one of Africa’s most popular tourist countries, and as an intern you’ll have plenty of time to explore the city of Arusha and popular surrounding areas. The world-renowned Ngorongoro Crater and Mt Kilimanjaro National Park are popular day trips for interns at the weekend, and there are opportunities to combine your accounting internship with a safari in the Serengeti National Park.
This internship is conducted in English.
Accounting interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Accounting services for large and small businesses
- Data entry, management and analysis
- Business auditing
- Producing financial resources for business owners
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain a realistic understanding of daily chartered accountancy work
- Assist with the general accounting requirements of small businesses
- Develop time management skills working on a range of tasks
- Teach business owners about financial management
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
- Monday through Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Deliver a range of real life accounting services to local businesses in Tanzania
- Learn from an experienced chartered accountant
- Enjoy spare time in Arusha, go on safari in the Serengeti, and explore world famous natural landscapes
Types of host organizations:
- Chartered accountants
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
Program Fee (USD)
|2 weeks||$1,284Equivalent to $91/day|
|3 weeks||$1,389Equivalent to $66/day|
|4 weeks||$1,494Equivalent to $53/day|
|5 weeks||$1,599Equivalent to $45/day|
|6 weeks||$1,704Equivalent to $40/day|
|7 weeks||$1,809Equivalent to $36/day|
|8 weeks||$1,914Equivalent to $34/day|
|10 weeks||$2,124Equivalent to $30/day|
|12 weeks||$2,334Equivalent to $27/day|
Program Fee (USD)
|2 weeks||$1,384Equivalent to $98/day|
|3 weeks||$1,489Equivalent to $70/day|
|4 weeks||$1,594Equivalent to $56/day|
|5 weeks||$1,699Equivalent to $48/day|
|6 weeks||$1,804Equivalent to $42/day|
|7 weeks||$1,909Equivalent to $38/day|
|8 weeks||$2,014Equivalent to $35/day|
|10 weeks||$2,224Equivalent to $31/day|
|12 weeks||$2,434Equivalent to $28/day|
- 24/7 in-country support
- Airport pick-up
- Program orientation
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- In-country guidance for social and tourist activities
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Coaching from your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- Visa (if required), flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check
- Transfer back to the airport at the end of your internship program
- Optional extras, such as language lessons
- Souvenirs and leisure activities during your free time
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as drinks, snacks, laundry, public transportation, and any meals not included in your Program Fee
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due 60 days before your internship start date.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- Terms and Conditions apply.