Customized IT internships with diverse placements across some of Valencia’s most exciting organizations. Internships are allocated based on your skills and interests, with opportunities in software development, programming, web optimization, UX design, cybersecurity, app development and more.
This is an in-country internship conducted in English, with accomodation and meals included. Click here to view the remote version of this internship you can undertake from home.
Valencia is home to a large number of modern technology companies, and local businesses that have a contemporary approach to integrating tech solutions. This vibrant Spanish city is the perfect place for those studying IT or computer science, or working industry professionals looking to expand their portfolio by taking part in internships in a specific area of interest.
IT internships are available across a broad range of industries and fields, including:
- Network and cyber security
- Application development and maintenance
- Blog and website development
- Software development
- Systems and marketing
- UX design
- Code programming
- Web optimization
- Software programming
- 3D printing
- Game development
- Video editing
- Graphic design
- Python development
- Digital marketing
- Data analysis
IT internships are encouraged to submit a detailed application with your goals and areas of interest so that your internship can be personalized for you. Any requests will be accommodated wherever possible, though are subject to availability. If you have specific requests, we encourage you to communicate your top three preferences and we’ll do our utmost to match you accordingly - note that your current skills and experience will be taken into account.
Whatever your placement, you’ll work closely with an experienced supervisor on IT projects that deliver specific outcomes and build on your company’s strategic objectives. Interns use industry standard programs and tools, meaning you’ll develop highly useful skills for your IT career.
Interns should come to Spain prepared to spend time learning about your placement company and the marketplace it operates in, as well as participating across the phases of project cycles. Note that specific internship activities will always vary on each intern’s experience, so the level of responsibility and involvement will vary. Short-term interns can expect to have an introductory experience, as it is standard for every intern to spend time establishing foundations to build upon.
Valencia is a popular tourist city on Spain’s south-eastern Mediterranean Coast, well known for its historic old town and its relaxed way of life. Visitors can enjoy time on the beach, exploring bustling riverside parks and markets, and the iconic City of Arts and Sciences Museum.
This internship is conducted in English but if you have Spanish language skills your supervisor will be glad to help you practice and hone them during the placement. All internship orientations in Valencia include introductory Spanish language lessons, which are fun and social. You can arrange to continue Spanish language lessons during your internship if you wish - this can be coordinated in-country.
IT interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Maintaining, improving and developing applications and websites
- Designing and delivering new online functions and features
- Conducting UX analysis and delivering improved solutions
- Testing, developing and analyzing new tech solutions
- Taking part in training to understand new technologies and their use for local businesses
- Improvising tech solutions to deliver on business objectives
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain hands-on development skills delivering IT solutions for websites and apps
- Understand UX development and best practice
- Learn front-end and back-end development skills
- Using industry tools and software including Java and Flex
- Learn from experienced local IT staff in Spain
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Gain practical IT skills working in a field relevant to your own interests
- Collaborate on a range of projects that utilize coding, testing, development and analysis to achieve business goals
- Enjoy traveling and living in Valencia, with easy access to wider Spain and the Mediterranean
Types of host organizations:
- IT consulting firms
- Fintech companies
- Software firms
- Digital marketing agencies
- Data analysis firms
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|2 weeks||2 weeks||$2,209|
|3 weeks||3 weeks||$2,434|
|4 weeks||4 weeks||$2,659|
|5 weeks||5 weeks||$2,884|
|6 weeks||6 weeks||$3,109|
|8 weeks||8 weeks||$3,559|
|10 weeks||10 weeks||$4,009|
|12 weeks||12 weeks||$4,459|
|16 weeks||16 weeks||$5,359|
|20 weeks||20 weeks||$6,259|
|24 weeks||24 weeks||$7,159|
European students who wish to receive Erasmus funding for their internship in Spain are encouraged to apply and outline their specific requirements.