Legal Practice internships in Spain offer the opportunity to intern with highly experienced lawyers & legal experts across a broad range of legal fields and duties. Interns shadow and support legal professionals in their daily work, gaining exposure to real-world application of law in areas relevant to your own interests.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation and meals included. Click here to view the remote version of this internship you can undertake from home.
If you’re an aspiring lawyer looking for experience in a specific area of law, or seeking to gain international legal experience through an overseas law internship that will make your resume stand out from the crowd, then this is the internship for you. There is a broad portfolio of placements available on this Legal Practice internship in Spain, and internships are customized to suit you. This offers scope for you to be ideally matched to a unique opportunity that suits your interests, motivations and skills.
As a legal intern, you’ll be placed in a local law firm, NGO or other company, working in a specific area of law that matches your interests. These fields can include tax, accounting, labor, mediation, criminal, family, civil, technology, immigration, gender violence, youth offending, wealth planning, and corporate. Placements are also available which relate to the design and utilisation of technology within the legal industry.
Due to the breadth of possible placements, the nature of interns duties can vary greatly. General duties can include (but may not be limited to): Shadowing lawyers in meetings and court cases Researching existing cases and preparing for trials Reviewing and drafting legal documents
While interns may not play an active role in advocacy or courtroom hearings, you can gain practical understanding of the preparation involved and the court process itself. You’ll be able to reflect on proceedings with your supervisor afterwards to ask questions and further comprehend the legal industry.
In some cases interns will accompany their colleagues to detention centers, to communicate with inmates in preparation for court cases. A popular placement is with a top tier professional football/soccer club in Valencia, where interns can gain experience applying copyrighting law to product licencing situations.
If you have preferences for a particular field, please let us know when applying. We do our utmost to accommodate requests but arrangements are always made taking into consideration a number of factors, such as level of Spanish speaking proficiency, experience, study background, and chosen internship duration.
Valencia is a popular tourist city on Spain’s south-eastern Mediterranean Coast, well known for its historic old town and its relaxed way of life. Interns can enjoy time on the beach, exploring bustling riverside parks and markets, and the iconic City of Arts and Sciences Museum.
Some aspects of this internship may be conducted in Spanish, but interns will have the chance to reflect on these instances with your supervisor in English afterwards. Your supervisor will speak English. All internship orientations in Valencia include introductory Spanish language lessons. These are fun and social. You can arrange to continue Spanish language lessons during your internship, if you wish to develop your skills, and this can be coordinated in-country.
Legal Practice interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- A range of legal procedures and work specific to an area of law that interests you
- Shadowing legal professionals during meetings, trials and prosecutions
- Preparing court documents
- Legal reporting
- Assisting with interviews and legal research
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn about the application of the law in a range of different circumstances
- Gain an understanding of the daily duties of a lawyer in Spain
- Learn about Spanish law and how it differs to your home country
- Prepare legal documents and experience legal processes such as trial preparation
- Practice and hone Spanish language skills
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Gain practical law experience in an area of law relevant to you
- Experience the application of Spanish law in a range of real life circumstances
- Learn from practicing local lawyers in Spain
- Enjoy all the attractions of Valencia and wider Spain in your spare time
Types of host organizations:
- Law firms
- A professional soccer/ football club
- Private companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
European students who wish to receive Erasmus funding for their internship in Spain are encouraged to apply and outline their specific requirements.