Assist NGOs in India that are active in various fields of social work, supporting underprivileged women, vulnerable children, low-income families, or other disadvantaged communities.
These remote internships in Social Work and NGO support provide valued assistance to organizations working on the front line of important social issues across India. These organizations focus on helping individuals and communities with issues including women’s empowerment, community development, capacity building, and income generation for disadvantaged minority groups.
There a wide range of placement options available, each within organizations that have their own unique priorities. Internships are customized both for the organization and the intern, and placements are allocated where is the greatest mutual benefit for locals and for you.
While the role of remote interns does vary, interns often assist with researching and reporting on specific case studies, using information to write reports and inform feedback on social issues. Interns can also assist with public relations fundraising activities, writing content for newsletters, blogs or social media, or helping with e-commerce initiatives such as product marketing or sales that provide a source of income to disadvantaged people.
One popular placement is with a non-profit organization in Rajasthan, that works with disadvantaged women and girls, helping to teach them job skills and financial literacy. These women often face a wide range of discrimination based on their caste, economic background or gender, and the education and assistance they receive can make a significant difference to their lives.
Another internship placement is with an NGO that focuses on literacy teaching, providing education to disadvantaged communities that help with employment prospects. Interns can help to prepare educational material and classes, assess students’ progress and provide feedback on learning.
This virtual internship is well suited to interns who are unable to travel but still wish to gain experience helping disadvantaged groups, where your contribution makes a genuine difference in underprivileged communities in India.
Social Work and NGO Support interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Researching and reporting on case studies
- Writing reports on social issues
- Public relations
- Helping to organize fundraising activities
- Writing content for newsletters, blogs or social media
- Preparing education material and classes
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn about Indian society and the difficulties of disadvantaged communities
- Experience how social work NGOs are managed and operated
- Help with communications, PR, marketing and fundraising for nonprofits
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
- Remote interns can arrange your own schedule with your supervisor, based on either a 20- or 40-hour work week. Occasional weekend work may be required
- Gain practical social work experience while helping others
- Build foundational training in the field through coursework like social work research and case management
- Show social responsibility by engaging in meaningful work
Types of host organizations:
- Social work NGOs
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|