Civil Engineering internships in Bali place interns in a range of engineering companies across the island, contributing to a wide variety of construction projects. Interns can assist from the planning stages to construction itself, with the involvement of clients and support from experienced local engineers throughout.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation provided.
This is an opportunity to gain real-world insight into civil, building and structural engineering, where interns contribute to real construction projects in a range of ways. Interns are able to split time between the office and job sites, helping local engineers to ensure plans are up to date and overseeing construction.
Interns assist with a range of tasks, such as:
- Gathering data
- Making calculations
- Analysing environmental impacts
- Reviewing zoning ordinances
- Determining development limitations and guidelines
- Investigating job sites
- Managing budgets and spending
- Obtaining building permits
- Preparing concept drawings
- Presenting drafts to clients
- Designing utility systems, and more
Interns on this Civil Engineering internship will be guided by local engineers, who can offer their experience in assisting where it’s needed. You may be working across multiple projects at one time for both public and private sector clients, including governments, private homeowners and international companies.
This internship is conducted in English.
Civil Engineering interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Managing construction spends, using whole life cycle costing techniques
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and processes
- Analyzing systems equipment and arranging replacements where necessary
- Project management, liaising with engineers, builders, architects and other project teams
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring designs are legally compliant
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation of projects
Professional development opportunities:
- Build your understanding of issues related to the planning and execution of construction projects
- Learn to design, create and build structures efficiently, making best use of available resources and techniques
- Use industry-relevant software such as AutoCAD to design the systems required for the project or use
- Develop Building Information Modelling (BIM) to ensure complex construction systems are coordinated
- Develop numeracy, IT and communication skills
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 6pm. Internship tasks will be given by your senior supervisor and you will provide the necessary reports.
- Contribute to a range of stages of real-life construction projects in Bali
- Learn from an experienced local engineer, who can guide your work
- Experience the unique lifestyle and culture of Bali, one of the world’s most popular tourist islands
Types of host organizations:
- Engineering consulting companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|8 weeks||8 weeks||$2,139|
|9 weeks||9 weeks||$2,474|
|10 weeks||10 weeks||$2,724|
|11 weeks||11 weeks||$2,749|
|12 weeks||12 weeks||$2,774|
|14 weeks||14 weeks||$3,359|
|16 weeks||16 weeks||$3,409|
|18 weeks||18 weeks||$3,994|
|20 weeks||20 weeks||$4,044|
|24 weeks||24 weeks||$4,679|
It is important to note that internships in Bali do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently.