Unique Engineering internships in Valencia with a wide range of placement options. Interns are matched with placements based on your own skills and interests, with options available in civil, industrial, digital, biomedical, electrical, textiles and renewable energy sectors.
This is an in-country internship conducted in English, with accommodation and meals included. Click here to view the remote version of this internship you can undertake from home.
This is an engineering internship that is designed to suit you. There is a broad portfolio of placements available on this engineering internship in Spain, offering scope for you to be ideally matched to a unique opportunity that suits your interests, motivations and skills.
Diverse engineering internship placements are available within many different specialized sectors, subject to availability, such as:
- Civil engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Digital manufacturing
- Renewable energy (i.e. thermal solar energy, wind power, and biomass)
Interns will assist with a range of different projects that are relevant to your background and level of experience. You’ll participate under the guidance of an experienced supervisor and may also contribute to consultancy and turnkey projects.
Some previous examples of engineering internship placements have included the engineering of drones for search and rescue purposes, working with a leading 3D printing start-up, and at labs related to digital manufacturing. Placements have also been available with experienced industrial designers, aeronautical engineers, and biomedical engineers. If you’re looking for a specific kind of placement, have a chat to our team and we’ll be happy to provide more guidance. With a broad scope of placement opportunities available, and the way they are personalized to you, interns will receive their specific placement details once they have initiated the matching process.
Spanish language proficiency is not a requirement to join. However, interns should expect that a language barrier can still be encountered to a certain extent. Interns should be prepared for the very natural and normal frustration of not always understanding what is being said around them. Come prepared and willing to surmount a language barrier (and ask for help when needed), as opposed to being intimidated by it. Bear in mind that internships in Spain include five introductory Spanish language lessons, which are provided during the orientation period. Any additional Spanish language lessons must be coordinated and paid for separately. We encourage all interns to take advantage of the opportunity to learn some Spanish skills during their program (or develop their existing vocabulary).
Valencia is a popular tourist city on Spain’s south-eastern Mediterranean Coast. It’s well known for its historic old town and relaxed way of life. In recent years, Valencia has established itself as a fantastic hub for culture and enterprise. While the city is broadly celebrated for its modern City of Arts and Sciences Museum, it’s an equally desirable destination if you love the outdoors, excellent cuisine and fantastic weather!
Engineering interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Assisting with ongoing engineering and construction projects in a specific sector
- Supporting the technical office and design teams with plans and procedures
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain highly relevant skills on projects that suit your interests
- Learn from experienced engineers working in your sector
- Gain hands-on experience contributing to projects at different stages
- Experience how engineering and construction projects run in a different cultural environment
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Contribute to real world business, engineering and construction projects
- Gain highly relevant engineering experience on unique internships designed specifically to suit you
- Enjoy traveling and living in Valencia, with easy access to wider Spain and the Mediterranean
Types of host organizations:
- Engineering consulting firms
- Energy firms
- Construction firms
- Architecture studios
- Start up businesses
- Tech companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
Program Fee (USD)
|2 weeks||$2,209Equivalent to $157/day|
|3 weeks||$2,434Equivalent to $115/day|
|4 weeks||$2,659Equivalent to $94/day|
|5 weeks||$2,884Equivalent to $82/day|
|6 weeks||$3,109Equivalent to $74/day|
|8 weeks||$3,559Equivalent to $63/day|
|10 weeks||$4,009Equivalent to $57/day|
|12 weeks||$4,459Equivalent to $53/day|
|16 weeks||$5,359Equivalent to $47/day|
|20 weeks||$6,259Equivalent to $44/day|
|24 weeks||$7,159Equivalent to $42/day|
- 24/7 in-country support
- Airport pick-up
- Program orientation
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- In-country guidance for social and tourist activities
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Coaching from your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- Visa (if required), flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check
- Transfer back to the airport at the end of your internship program
- Optional extras, such as language lessons
- Souvenirs and leisure activities during your free time
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as drinks, snacks, laundry, public transportation, and any meals not included in your Program Fee
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- European students who wish to receive Erasmus funding for their internship in Spain are encouraged to apply and outline their specific requirements.
- Balance of your Program Fee is due 60 days before your internship start date.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- Terms and Conditions apply.