Use your finance, accounting and business management experience to support disadvantaged communities in Tanzania through this virtual internship in microfinance.
This is a remote internship conducted in English that you can conduct from home.
Village community banks, known as Vicobas, provide valuable financial services to disadvantaged rural communities in Tanzania. Remote finance internships assist Vicobas as they help locals with basics such as financing their projects, educating their children, and gaining insurance.
Vicobas are self-managed groups within a village or neighborhood, where members pay relatively low monthly saving amounts into the community bank, which can then distribute funds in the form of microcredits and insurance cover. They are supervised and supported by NGOs with microfinance specialists.
On this virtual internship in microfinance you can get involved in assisting the multi-faceted work of these NGOs. You can help to check financial data, evaluate Vicoba’s performance, and help locals with business plans or product development. Microfinance interns can also help to prepare educational workshops to educate locals about financial matters, meaning you’re interning with real-life financial situations and contributing to the local community.
Remote internships in Tanzania are conducted in English.
Microfinance interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Evaluate the performance of community banks
- Helping to finance new and existing business ventures
- Distributing microcredits and insurance cover
- Helping local entrepreneurs with business plans
- Product development
- Preparing workshops on finance, business or administrative matters
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn about how Vicoba groups are run as an efficient microfinance and development tool in Tanzania
- Experience small-scale entrepreneurship in a developing country
- Learn how to efficiently manage local savings groups
- Provide financial consultancy and mentoring services
- Learn how to evaluate business projects
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
- Monday - Friday. Details will be discussed with your supervisor.
- Get supervision from experienced financial professionals
- Support rural people by evaluating and improving business concepts, strategies and products
- Experience a new and unique African microfinance model
- Get insights into the social reality of people who have little access to other financial means, and help to improve their livelihood through business development
- Gain practical career experience from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Microfinance NGOs
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|