Boost your career prospects by developing your Marketing & Communications skills working with exciting start-up companies in Japan. Many placements have a global mindset, and focus on foreign markets and international sales. Remote interns can learn about social media marketing, content, SEO, business development and more!
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
Japan’s business sector is highly respected around the world, and the chance to complete a virtual internship with a startup company in Tokyo will really make your resume stand out!
As a virtual intern, you can be placed with a range of startup companies in a broad spectrum of different industries. Your exact role as an intern is customized to suit you, meaning your own skills and interests will help to design an internship that is relevant and engaging, and sets you up for the Marketing & Communications career you want!
Your duties can vary based on your specific placement, but can include:
- Social media account management
- Writing blogs
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Conducting market research
- Business development
- Translating content to English (if appropriate)
- Providing sales support
Remote interns looking for experience within a specific field should include details in your application. These requests are accommodated wherever possible, though are subject to availability.
As a remote intern, you’ll be in regular contact with your supervisor, who is based in Japan, through emails and video conferences. Your supervisor will play an active role in providing feedback, assistance and guidance to help to cement your learning and improve your skills.
This internship is conducted in English, or in Japanese with the agreement of your supervisor.
Marketing & Communications remote interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Providing written and other content for websites and social media accounts
- Edit website content for SEO
- Identifying new business opportunities through market research projects
- Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies
- Assisting with sales functions
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience learning and using modern marketing strategies
- Develop your writing skills for website and social media platforms
- Learn about content management systems and how to upload content to websites
- Learn about SEO and how to apply different techniques
- Build your understanding of business environments in a range of industries
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Japan.
- Learn and apply modern Marketing & Communications techniques
- Contribute to the growth of a real life startup in Japan
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|