Architecture placements for remote internships out of Tanzania provide interns with an opportunity to gain insight into an industry which is booming within Arusha, the capital of Tanzania. With a focus on designs suitable for local climate conditions, architecture online internships out of Tanzania are perfect for interns wishing to learn more about their craft within a tropical context.
- Experience various stages of ongoing architectural projects
- Learn about the specific requirements of construction in tropical climates and in an East African cultural setting
- Work with professional architects, civil engineers and project managers
- Improve your skills in architectural software such as ArchiCAD and AutoCAD
Type of host organizations:
- Architecture companies
This remote internship in architecture out of Tanzania offers the chance for real life experience in assisting design and construction projects at all stages.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home. Click here to view our Architecture internships that you can do in-country, if you’d prefer to travel and intern abroad.
The construction industry is booming in Tanzania, and this remote architecture internship provides an opportunity to work directly with local architects on ongoing projects in Dar es Salaam and Arusha.
As an intern with architecture companies, you’ll gain practical experience working on a broad range of projects, from public facilities such as hospitals, schools, and places of worship, through to commercial, industrial, and housing projects. Architecture interns can be involved in making architectural renderings, preparing project presentations with visualizations, preparing offers for clients, and researching costs for budgeting tasks.
This virtual architecture internship offers hands-on experience learning about project and stakeholder management, and using specific architectural software. Interns can also have the unique opportunity to see how extreme climate conditions such as high temperatures, humidity and extreme rain seasons can affect construction projects.
You can be involved in various stages of ongoing construction projects, experience the cultural and tropical climate of architecture in Tanzania, rub virtual shoulders with professional local architects, civil engineers and project managers, and use industry relevant architecture software software such as ArchiCAD and AutoCAD.
A flexible mindset will help you to contribute to projects at various stages, depending on what’s required in Tanzania at the time of your internship.
Remote internships in Tanzania are conducted in English.
Architecture interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
Assisting the construction of a range of projects, including hospitals, schools, or commercial, industrial or housing buildings
Making architectural renderings
Preparing project presentations
Preparing offers for clients
Researching costs for budgeting
Professional development opportunities:
Get experience working in project management
Learn how to deal with many stakeholders such as clients, authorities and suppliers in large construction projects
Learn about the specific requirements resulting from unique climate conditions, available materials, machinery, construction techniques and cultural preferences influencing the design and style of construction projects in Tanzania
Use industry-standard architectural software, such as ArchiCAD and AutoCAD
Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,648|
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- Academic credit facilitation
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75 USD.
- Terms and Conditions apply.