Gain practical architecture experience from home, contributing to real life construction projects in Spain. These internships with architect studios in Valencia enable you to assist a professional local architect with project management, concept development, design, construction, installation, and build completion.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home. Click here to view the in-country version of this internship if you would prefer to intern abroad.
As an aspiring architect, your ability to secure an exciting job with a successful architecture firm will depend on your experience and design portfolio. This remote architecture internship can give you that hands-on experience and boost your resume, without having to leave home!
Virtual architecture internships are available across some of Valencia’s top architect studios, contributing to projects in contemporary architecture, restoration, new builds, homes and offices, urban planning, sport complexes, construction research, magazine publications, architecture conferences, and many more.
Interns collaborate with local architects in roles that vary based on your skills, experience and interests. You can assist on projects with tasks such as:
- Technical drawing
- Furniture design
- 3D images
- Plan modifications
- Obtaining certifications
- Data collection
- Making design proposals
- Health and safety reporting
- Construction project management
- Collaborating with clients
- Conducting research for upcoming publications
Interns will also have the opportunity to utilize design software such as ArchiCAD, AutoCAD and Revit. Prior experience is not required, but will be helpful and will enhance the scope of the tasks that you can contribute to.
This internship is conducted in English, or in Spanish by agreement with your internship supervisor. Online Spanish language lessons can be arranged in conjunction with your remote internship if you’d like to further develop your language skills.
Architecture interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Residential and commercial projects
- Making architectural sketches and 3D images
- Using industry software and programs such as ArchiCAD, AutoCAD and Revit
- Construction management
- Design proposals
- Health and safety reporting
- Designing custom furniture
- Modifying plans
- Researching for publications
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience using industry tools and programs for project design
- Learn about project management from local architects
- Prepare project proposals
- Understand health and safety reporting, and certification requirements in Spain
- Prepare sketches and 3D images
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Spain.
- Contribute to construction projects in the iconic city of Valencia
- Get hands-on experience doing industry-standard architecture work
- Build your own portfolio of projects that you have contributed ideas to
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Architecture studios
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|