Gain practical skills working on Occupational Health & Safety projects with a range of companies in Athens. Interns assist health and safety consultants on projects including policy, regulations, compliance and preventative solutions. Come prepared to develop your knowledge and explore a rewarding career path, delivering solutions that benefit workplaces and employees in all industries.
This is an in-country internship conducted in English, with accommodation and meals included. Click here to view the remote version of this internship you can undertake from home.
Occupational Health & Safety internships are perfect for interns looking to gain practical understanding of the regulatory requirements of workplaces, working alongside seasoned professionals to deliver innovative solutions that keep the wellbeing of employees front of mind. You’ll learn about real world examples of OHS implementation and develop your knowledge of health and safety requirements in workplaces across a range of industries.
Occupational Health & Safety interns are placed in a consultancy company that provides health and safety analysis and implementation in a wide range of businesses across Athens and wider Greece. This essential service is designed to deliver practical solutions that protect both employers and employees from common risks and maintain staff wellbeing in all facets. They provide legal support, health and safety training, and conduct analysis to measure potential pollutants.
As an intern, you can complement your theoretical understanding by collaborating with industry professionals on a range of tasks, including (but not limited to):
- Strategic and operational level assessments of health and safety management
- Compliance-based gap analysis
- Workplace risk assessments
- Comprehensive health and safety training
- Senior management health and safety briefings
- Risk management studies and reporting
- Health and safety policy assessment
- Liaison and support with enforcing agencies
Outside of the internship activities, interns in Greece have weekends free to enjoy the attractions of this popular holiday destination. Whether you’re sightseeing around Athens or exploring popular attractions further afield, there is much to see and do. Time in Greece gives you the opportunity to discover a laid back Mediterrenean lifestyle. There are endless beautiful beaches, excellent dining experiences, and many world-class tourist attractions to see, including the Acropolis of Athens, Temple of Poseidon, the National Archeological Museum, and much more!
This internship is conducted in English.
Occupational and Environmental Health & Safety interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Participating in health and safety training activities
- Conducting health and safety risk assessments
- Liaising with European Health & Safety enforcement agencies
- Helping to implement health and safety policies
- Providing administration support
- Assisting with client case studies
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn about occupational and environmental safety in Europe
- Gain consulting experience to increase your understanding of policies and client relations
- Develop an understanding of how risk management assessments can be conducted
- Gain experience developing case studies
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Develop your understanding of health and safety requirements in real world environments
- Work with industry professionals to deliver practical health and safety solutions
- Experience the popular attractions and lifestyle in Athens and wider Greece
Types of host organizations:
- Health and safety consultants
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|2 weeks||2 weeks||$1,951|
|3 weeks||3 weeks||$2,436|
|4 weeks||4 weeks||$2,921|
|5 weeks||5 weeks||$3,406|
|6 weeks||6 weeks||$3,891|
|8 weeks||8 weeks||$4,861|
|10 weeks||10 weeks||$5,830|
|12 weeks||12 weeks||$6,800|
|16 weeks||16 weeks||$8,740|
|20 weeks||20 weeks||$10,679|
|24 weeks||24 weeks||$12,619|
It is important to note that internships in Athens do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently. Kitchen facilities are provided in all accommodation for independent meal preparation. Internships in Greece are provided through an organization which is accredited to run projects under Erasmus+. European students are encouraged to speak with their local Erasmus office regarding funding and grant opportunities for their internship.