Physician’s Assistant internships in Greece offer valuable learning experiences through shadowing and assisting local medical professionals in public and private hospitals/clinics. Interns can gain experience in a range of medical departments, offering both specialist learning and broad knowledge to complement your medical studies.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation provided.
On these Physician’s Assistant internships, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to learn from experienced medical professionals as they go about their daily tasks. You’ll gain a first-hand understanding of exactly what life is like in a modern healthcare environment, and learn specific treatment, assessment and diagnostic techniques.
Interns are paired with medical professionals such as doctors, surgeons and nurses that work in a wide range of highly specialized departments. You’ll shadow and assist your mentor in every aspect of their day, including patient consultations and treatments. These are fantastic internships for those wanting to develop their understanding in specific medical units, with placements available in departments such as:
- Emergency Room
- General Surgery
- Intensive Care
- Nuclear Medicine
- Orofacial Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pathologic Anatomy
Interns can complete a rotation across a range of fields, or focus on a particular area of specialization, which you can request in your application. Please note that requests are accommodated wherever possible, but are subject to availability. Interns should not expect to be conducting hands-on medical work. Your supervisor will allocate tasks that are appropriate for your medical experience, and these tasks will always be at their own discretion.
Physician’s Assistant interns in Greece have weekends free to enjoy sightseeing around Athens and further afield. Greece offers a laid back Mediterrenean lifestyle, with hundreds of stunning beaches and world-class tourist attractions such as the Acropolis to explore in your spare time.
This internship is conducted in English.
Physician’s Assistant interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Shadowing and assisting local doctors, nurses and specialists in private and public hospitals
- Observing healthcare across a range of medical departments
- Learning from experienced local medical professionals
Professional development opportunities:
- Observe medical consultations, treatments and surgeries
- Learn how the medical system works in Greece
- Learn new assessment and treatment techniques, including using medical equipment
- Gain experience across multiple medical specialties
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- 8am-5pm, five days per week. Occasionally your supervisor may invite you to optionally observe a procedure during a weekend, should it be relevant to your interests and internship experience.
- Learn about modern healthcare from qualified professionals in genuine environments
- Gain sought-after professional skills & experience in a range of departments
- Experience the popular attractions and lifestyle in Athens and wider Greece
Types of host organizations:
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Athens do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently. Kitchen facilities are provided in all accommodation for independent meal preparation. Internships in Greece are provided through an organization which is accredited to run projects under Erasmus+. European students are encouraged to speak with their local Erasmus office regarding funding and grant opportunities for their internship.