Learn modern physical therapy techniques by interning alongside experienced local therapists in general hospitals and clinics. Physical Therapy interns can shadow and assist in a wide range of departments, learning about different specialties and treatments and experiencing real life therapies in action.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation provided.
This is a perfect internship for physical therapy students wanting to add to their theoretical understanding by experiencing the application of therapy treatments in real life. Physical Therapy internships are available in hospitals and private clinics, where interns shadow and assist qualified physiotherapists in their daily duties.
Interns can gain experience in a wide range of treatments and specialties, including physiotherapy in cardiovascular, clinical, electrophysiology, geriatric, kinesiology, neurological, orthopedic, pediatric, pulmonary and rehabilitative disciplines.
You can have the opportunity to be mentored by a physical therapist of the Greece basketball team, who has many years of experience with sports therapy and the demanding needs of professional athletes. Interns can also assist orthopaedic doctors or surgeons with therapies related to their specific fields.
Your internship is customized to suit you, which means interns can request placements focusing on specific areas within physical therapy. Placements are allocated to suit your skills and interests, though are always subject to availability. Interns should include details of placement preferences in your application.
Outside of the internship activities, interns in Greece have weekends free to enjoy the attractions of this popular holiday destination. Whether you’re sightseeing around Athens or exploring popular attractions further afield, there is much to see and do. Time in Greece gives you the opportunity to discover a laid back Mediterranean lifestyle. There are endless beautiful beaches, excellent dining experiences, and many world-class tourist attractions to see, including the Acropolis of Athens, Temple of Poseidon, the National Archeological Museum, and much more!
This internship is conducted in English, though some therapies may be conducted in the Greek language. In these instances, your supervisor will be able to debrief sessions afterwards, ensuring interns have full understanding of how treatments address patient needs.
Physical Therapy interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Observing and assisting therapies
- Debriefing and reflecting on therapies afterwards
- Contributing to treatment research
Professional development opportunities:
- Observe physical therapy treatments being run by an experienced clinician
- Experience how a modern physiotherapy practice operates
- Gain experience with state-of-the-art rehabilitative technology
- Build specialist therapy skills in an area that suits you
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Physiotherapy schedules can vary, depending on your placement. Approximately 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday can be expected. These hours may be scheduled between 9am and 9pm.
- Learn about modern physiotherapy practices and specialties
- Gain sought-after practical skills and experience from local practitioners
- Experience the popular attractions and lifestyle in Athens and wider Greece
Types of host organizations
- General hospitals
- Specialist private clinics
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Athens do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently. Kitchen facilities are provided in all accommodation for independent meal preparation. Internships in Greece are provided through an organization which is accredited to run projects under Erasmus+. European students are encouraged to speak with their local Erasmus office regarding funding and grant opportunities for their internship.