Cutting edge remote internships in virtual and augmented reality, developing apps for engineering data collection services or virtual tours. Interns gain hands-on knowledge in a fast-moving industry and contribute to the development of innovation solutions for industrial and academic clients.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
If you’re looking for a real-world experience which is involved with the creation of AR and VR visualization tools, this internship is perfect for you. As a remote Augmented & Virtual Reality intern, you’ll be placed with a university in Greece that collaborates with an international consortium of partners that provide learning solutions leveraging cutting edge virtual and augmented reality technologies. The skills you will learn on this internship are hard to gain at the early stages of your career, and you’ll be kick starting your knowledge and understanding of the highly technical and exclusive VR/AR industry.
This internship can involve two types of project placements. You will either be matched with one or the other. If you have preferences, please let us know. However, you will have the opportunity to discuss both of these in detail with your coordinator, once you have confirmed your participation, and are developing the plan of action for your customized remote internship.
You could support the development of virtual tour mobile apps for campuses and other locations, such as archeological sites.
Alternatively, this remote internship can involve the development of augmented reality systems for remote monitoring and controlling of engineering set ups. For example, condition monitoring and predictive maintenance of machinery or sensory networks.
Remote interns collaborate with the consortium’s industrial and academic partners on ongoing development projects. The specialist project work is undertaken by European engineering consulting companies and is focused on applying novel techniques for engineering problems, or developing educational resources.
You’ll be assisting your experienced and skilled supervisor on all manner of project development work. As a virtual intern, you will be in regular contact with your mentor, who will provide updates and feedback on your progress to support your learning and offer guidance.
This internships is conducted in English.
Augmented & Virtual Reality interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Analyzing problems to develop solutions involving computer hardware and software.
- Acquiring data from sensor networks and remote control of devices (e.g. in order to compile information for the development of condition monitoring and predictive maintenance of machinery).
- Developing user interfaces (e.g. to display data and information for users, which will help them to interface with equipment).
Professional development opportunities:
- Apply theoretical expertise and innovation to create or apply new technologies
- Gain increased familiarity with information technology and software, such as IoT sensors and smart devices
- Learn hands-on development skills in the world of AR/VR
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Greece.
- Gain experience by working with an international diverse consortium of engineering companies and research institutions
- Build your network with professional engineers around the world
- Gain hands-on involvement with state of the art systems
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Technical Consulting Companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|