Virtual IT internships, customized to your own interests to set you up for a rewarding IT career. Internships are available in exciting companies in Spain, ranging from software development, programming, web optimization, UX design, cybersecurity, app development and more.
This is a remote internship conducted in English that you can undertake from home. Click here to view the in-country version of this internship if you would prefer to intern abroad.
Valencia has a flourishing technology sector with many startups and large companies engaged in digital transformation and innovation. If you’re currently studying IT or computer science, or are looking to build your portfolio in the field by working in a specific area, this internship will provide you with a placement match in line with your goals and experience, to deliver real-world experience. Internships are designed to be unique to your own skills and interests, helping you to build upon your existing competencies and gain relevant industry experience for developing your IT career.
Virtual IT internships are offered across a broad range of industries and fields, including (but not limited to):
- Network and cyber security
- Application development and maintenance
- Blog and website development
- Software development
- Systems and marketing
- UX design
- Code programming
- Web optimization
- Software programming
- 3D printing
- Game development
- Video editing
- Graphic design
- Python development
- Digital marketing
- Data analysis
If you have a specific preference for the type of work you do on your IT internship, please be sure to include details in your application. The more we know about your interests when you apply, the more we can customize your internship to suit your goals.
Regardless of the makeup of your internship tasks, you’ll be collaborating closely with an experienced supervisor to deliver innovative IT solutions. You’ll gain experience using modern software programs and tools such as Java and Flex, developing and optimizing features that satisfy the strategic objectives of your placement company.
Your specific internship activities will vary according to your experience, skill set and interests. Short-term remote interns can expect to have an introductory experience, as it is standard for every intern to spend time establishing foundations to build upon. Longer-term internship assignments allow participants to become more deeply involved in projects and make a greater contribution.
As a remote IT intern, you’ll be in regular contact with your supervisor through emails and online meetings, where you’ll receive feedback, collaborate on ideas and solutions, and provide updates on ongoing projects.
This internship is conducted in English, or in Spanish by agreement with your internship supervisor. Online Spanish language lessons can be arranged in conjunction with your remote internship if you’d like to further develop your skills.
IT interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Developing new website or app features
- Innovating on tech projects to better satisfy customer needs and business development
- Writing online programs
- Testing, developing and implementing new tech solutions
- Conducting market research to identify relevant IT opportunities and enhancements
- Taking part in training to deliver improved tech support to your placement company
Professional development opportunities:
- Using industry-standard development tools such as Java or Flex
- Learn how to develop technical web or app solutions
- Collaborate with experienced tech professionals in Spain
- Learn how to implement cutting edge new technologies, systems and features in local businesses
- Complete online training to understand the potential and capability of new technologies
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Spain.
- Gain real world IT experience in an area relevant to you
- Learn about cutting edge tech systems, online features and technologies from experienced IT professionals
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- IT consulting firms
- Fintech companies
- Software firms
- Digital marketing firms
- Data analysis firms
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|