Cybersecurity & Ethical Hacking interns out of Argentina play an important role in ensuring the safety of websites and IT networks across a range of companies and public organizations. Interns conduct authorized penetration tests to identify security vulnerabilities and recommend improvements.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
This is an ideal opportunity for interns looking to gain experience in the field of cybersecurity and understand how to protect networks from cyber attacks. Interns gain relevant, up-to-date knowledge of hacking techniques and learn about the ethics of conducting authorized attacks with potentially sensitive information.
Ethical hacking is an increasingly in-demand skill among large public and private entities looking to protect themselves from cyber attackers. In this internship, you’ll play the role of a hacker attempting to break into the networks and systems of your placement company, and recommend steps to ensure these vulnerabilities are protected.
Interns conduct a range of penetration tests, learning how hackers conduct cyber attacks and the ways in which they compromise systems. This information is highly valuable, and enables companies to protect their interests and those of their customers. You’ll also write detailed reports based on your testing, explaining where vulnerabilities exist and recommending ways they can be addressed. Depending on your level of technical expertise, there may also be opportunities to implement your recommended fixes.
Interns initially conduct experiments in a controlled laboratory environment, with daily virtual progress meetings with your supervisor. Depending on your skills and ability, you’ll then be immersed into real environments, conducting tests on live websites, networks and systems.
Placements are available in government organizations, banks, finance companies, e-commerce companies and other organizations that value their cybersecurity interests. Interns should have background knowledge of computer networks, operating systems (MS Windows and Linux), web applications and cybersecurity. Please state your experiences and qualifications when you apply.
This internship is conducted in English.
Cybersecurity interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Understand the ethics in the discipline of penetration testing
- Conducting penetration tests
- Identifying cyber security weaknesses
- Writing penetration test reports
- Recommending solutions to vulnerabilities
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn about contemporary cyber security concerns
- Learn how to identify cybersecurity weaknesses
- Understand how penetration tests are carried out
- Understand the ethics of conducting penetration tests
- Gain experience writing penetration test reports
- Learn how to address cybersecurity issues
- Understand the ethics of conducting penetration tests with potentially sensitive information
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Interns will manage their own time, with daily meetings with your supervisor to follow up on your progress. You’ll arrange your schedule with your supervisor, but should expect there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Argentina.
- Learn the methodologies for conducting a successful penetration test
- Gain up-to-date understanding of cybersecurity issues and how to protect networks from attacks
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Government organizations
- Bank / Finance
- E-commerce sites
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,648|
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75 USD.
- Terms and Conditions apply.