Exciting remote internships in Cyber Security, focused on the research, development and application of concepts for securing communications and control in the modern world of aerial, land and sea unmanned vehicles. Expect to develop your knowledge and skill sets in regard to cyber security concepts and emerging technologies.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
The world of unmanned vehicles and drones is a field of rapid technological advancement, and remote Cyber Security interns get the rare opportunity to contribute to growing the capability of these technologies.
Remote Cyber Security interns are hosted via the International Hellenic University, which is part of an international research consortium, including academic and industrial bodies. The research being conducted continues to advance the capabilities of unmanned vehicles, specifically in improving the security of communications and control mechanisms. This is a hugely exciting opportunity for interns to learn from a range of industry leaders and to gain experience in a highly exclusive field.
As a virtual intern, you’ll help to investigate potential security weaknesses and collaborate on creative encryption techniques to mitigate and eliminate risks. You’ll develop hands-on computer engineering skills and app development expertise, working across a range of developments to understand the structure, nature and scope of cyber security projects. Interns also perform studies on different concepts and current practices and propose solutions for specific case studies.
You’ll be in direct contact with leading experts in drone technology, and collaborate regularly with your supervisor through email and online meetings. In these meetings, you’ll be able to deliver updates on your work, and receive feedback, guidance and further tasks.
This internship is conducted in English.
Cyber Security interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Improving security aspects in communication and control of drones
- Investigating potential security risks
- Developing encryption techniques
- Developing applications
- Contributing to new and ongoing projects
- Research case studies of potential solutions
Professional development opportunities:
- Build computer engineering and application development skills
- Develop your understanding of security weaknesses in technologies
- Build research skills using global case studies
- Understand how computer engineering projects are run from start to finish
- Build your network of professional engineers around the world
- Gain hands-on skills with state of the art systems
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Greece.
- Develop hands-on cyber security skills and understanding in the exclusive field of unmanned vehicles
- Gain experience by working with a diverse international consortium of engineering companies and research institutions
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Technical Consulting Companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|