Physical Therapy interns in Valencia can gain assessment, rehabilitation and evaluation experience working with local sports teams and athletes, assisting within private clinics and wellness centres, or shadowing disability professionals at non-profit health centres. Internships are customized for each intern, offering highly valuable physiotherapy experience.
This is an in-country internship that includes accommodation and meals.
As an intern on this Physical Therapy internship in Spain, you’ll shadow, observe and assist an experienced local therapist in a range of treatment centers. Placements are highly customized based on your own skills and interests, and can include non-profit health centers for the disabled, private clinics, gyms, and with sports teams.
While the nature of your internship can vary, you’ll be required to follow the guidelines of your placement supervisor at all times. Interns can expect to assist with patient care and evaluation, rehabilitation planning, and physiotherapy treatment sessions. This can include a range of specialist treatments such as acupuncture, ultrasound, massage and therapies for disabled people. Due to Spanish law, interns should not expect to have a leading role in delivering therapy, but can observe and assist your supervisor where appropriate.
This internship is conducted in English and Spanish language proficiency is not a requirement to join. However, interns should expect that a language barrier can still be encountered to a certain extent. Interns should be prepared for the very natural and normal frustration of not always understanding what is being said around them. Come prepared and willing to surmount a language barrier (and ask for help when needed), as opposed to being intimidated by it. Bear in mind that internships in Spain include five introductory Spanish language lessons, which are provided during the orientation period. Any additional Spanish language lessons must be coordinated and paid for separately. We encourage all interns to take advantage of the opportunity to learn some Spanish skills during their program (or develop their existing vocabulary).
Valencia is a popular tourist city on Spain’s south-eastern Mediterranean Coast. It’s well known for its historic old town and relaxed way of life. In recent years, Valencia has established itself as a fantastic hub for culture and enterprise. While the city is broadly celebrated for its modern City of Arts and Sciences Museum, it’s an equally desirable destination if you love the outdoors, excellent cuisine and fantastic weather!
Physical Therapy interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Assisting, observing and shadowing licensed physical therapists
- Diagnosing and treating injuries
- Planning rehabilitation schedules and exercises
Professional development opportunities:
- Experience diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of injuries
- Build your knowledge of exercises and treatments for different conditions
- Learn how to deliver treatments such as ultrasound, electrotherapy, acupuncture, and massage
- Gain an understanding of the day-to-day requirements of working in clinics
- Experience how therapists communicate with patients
- Practice and hone Spanish language skills
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Gain real world physical therapy experience in a setting that appeals to you
- Learn from practicing local therapists in Spain
- Enjoy traveling and living in the coastal city of Valencia, with easy access to wider Spain and the Mediterranean
Types of host organizations:
- Non-profit health centres
- Private clinics
- Wellness centres
- Local sports teams / athletic clinics
- Gyms with physiotherapy and wellness services
- Rehab clinics
- Physiotherapy clinics / Health centres with physiotherapy services
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|2 weeks||2 weeks||$2,209|
|3 weeks||3 weeks||$2,434|
|4 weeks||4 weeks||$2,659|
|5 weeks||5 weeks||$2,884|
|6 weeks||6 weeks||$3,109|
|8 weeks||8 weeks||$3,559|
|10 weeks||10 weeks||$4,009|
|12 weeks||12 weeks||$4,459|
|16 weeks||16 weeks||$5,359|
|20 weeks||20 weeks||$6,259|
|24 weeks||24 weeks||$7,159|
European students who wish to receive Erasmus funding for their internship in Spain are encouraged to apply and outline their specific requirements.