Education Administration internships are perfect for anyone looking to gain experience in education management. With placements in language schools in Dublin, you’ll learn about the broader picture of education beyond the classroom. Interns assist international students and local teachers, help with recruitment, marketing and general management.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation and meals provided.
As an Education Administration intern in Dublin, Ireland, come prepared to gain experience in an Irish academic institution that is inclusive of students from a variety of backgrounds and age groups. Placements are available in government-accredited public or private language schools around Dublin. Due to Brexit, Ireland is now Europe’s only predominantly English-speaking country, which means English language schools are highly popular with students from all over Europe.
Interns provide support to foreign students by helping them settle into school and offering advice about living in Dublin and liaising with host families. You’ll also help teachers with administrative work, preparing class material and resources such as worksheets and games for English language students of all ages.
You’ll also assist with student recruitment and bookings, as well as in marketing. Interns can help with social media marketing, creating Facebook posts to encourage foreign students to enroll and creating longer-form content such as blogs on international education in Ireland.
It is important to be aware that these internships are typically non-classroom-based. This means that you may not be directly teaching. Rather, you’ll gain an understanding of the daily support international students and teachers require, within the operation of an academic institution. These internships are also suited to anyone looking to gain experience in the TEFL industry, since the internship placements include English language schools for foriegn students.
Interns who join the program during the Irish summer, from late June through early August, can generally expect to be involved as Summer Camp assistants and guides. This involves working in camps for students between 11-17 years old, helping with the accommodation or academic department, marketing, sales or providing general assistance in lessons.
In your spare time, you’ll be able to explore Dublin’s famous castles and parks, as well as stunning sea-side walks and cliffs all around Ireland. Irish hospitality is world-renowned, and the city is home to dozens of highly rated pubs and restaurants, and a vibrant social scene.
For all interns with an interest in developing skills as an educator, we also recommend an interactive Online TEFL Certification Course. The training offers tools and techniques over a 100-hour program. Upon completion, you’ll have earned experience in planning, designing, and adapting diverse language activities and materials. No previous teaching experience or training is required. You can sign up for the Online TEFL Certification Course anytime and you’ll pay the discounted Intern Abroad HQ rate.
Education Administration interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Assisting the academic team
- Working with marketing
- Helping with student recruitment and bookings
- Providing guidance to international students
- Contributing to general office duties and management
Professional development opportunities:
- Contribute to the daily running of a busy international school
- Understand the administrative requirements of education and international students
- Experience school recruitment and marketing in a European setting
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Learn different elements of education management from sales and recruitment to marketing and events.
- Enjoy after-work social events and meet students from around the world
- Live in Dublin and enjoy the Ireland’s famous history and hospitality
Types of host organizations:
- Government-accredited English language schools
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
Internships (excluding Tourism Operations)
Program Fee (USD)
|4 weeks||$2,588Equivalent to $92/day|
|5 weeks||$2,863Equivalent to $81/day|
|6 weeks||$3,188Equivalent to $75/day|
|7 weeks||$3,464Equivalent to $70/day|
|8 weeks||$3,739Equivalent to $66/day|
|9 weeks||$4,014Equivalent to $63/day|
|10 weeks||$4,339Equivalent to $61/day|
|11 weeks||$4,614Equivalent to $59/day|
|12 weeks||$4,890Equivalent to $58/day|
- 24/7 in-country support
- Airport pick-up
- Program orientation
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- In-country guidance for social and tourist activities
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Coaching from your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- Visa (if required), flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check
- Transfer back to the airport at the end of your internship program
- Optional extras, such as language lessons
- Souvenirs and leisure activities during your free time
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as drinks, snacks, laundry, public transportation, and any meals not included in your Program Fee
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due 60 days before your internship start date.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- Terms and Conditions apply.