This remote internship in solar energy out of Tanzania contributes to establishing reliable solar power across the country and allows interns to develop practical experience with solar energy technologies.
The national power grid in Tanzania only supplies around 12 percent of the population with electricity, and can be unreliable. Tanzania is becoming focused on solar energy as a sustainable resource, and by participating in this virtual internship in solar technology you can help to plan, develop and implement solar energy for local homes and businesses.
This is a cutting edge virtual engineering internship, offering genuine experience as an intern with solar energy companies. These companies are involved in designing, installing and maintaining solar energy systems such as solar-powered energy, heating, irrigation and backup systems, generators and water pumps.
Remote solar energy interns can expect to assist local engineers with designing and developing solar energy systems and technology, taking into account Tanzanian conditions. Installations are typically with hotels, lodges and camps, NGOs, schools and hospitals as well as farms. Interns can also help with product design, analysis and procurement, identifying and evaluating the best solar energy systems, and purchasing and importing technology.
This online solar energy internship also offers the chance to assist in marketing and sales, where interns write and update product descriptions and technical documents for websites.
Your experience as a solar energy intern will help to develop your knowledge of solar energy products and how they work, as well as gain experience in how these are used by low income communities. By contributing to the implementation of a sustainable energy source in Tanzania, interns will make a real difference in bringing reliable power to local populations who would otherwise have very limited access to electricity.
Solar energy interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Designing, developing and installing solar energy systems
- Maintaining solar energy technology
- Product design
- Analysing and procuring solar energy products
- Evaluating solar energy systems
- Purchasing and importing technologies
Professional development opportunities:
- Solar energy system design and engineering
- Logistics and procurement of solar energy projects
- Marketing and sales of solar energy products
- Learn about the market for renewable energy companies in East Africa
- Teamwork and intercultural communications skills
- Companies usually work Monday to Friday during normal office hours. However, as a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor at least once a week, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Tanzania.
- Work on real solar energy projects with engineers and technicians
- Get to know the market for renewable energies in East Africa
- Help to improve economic and societal development in rural areas of Tanzania
- Improve your marketing and sales skills
Types of host organizations:
- Solar energy companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|